An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Assistant Director of MFL to join our large, successful team. We are seeking an innovative and motivational MFL teacher with excellent subject knowledge and the desire and commitment to raise achievement of students at all levels. An ability to teach Spanish and or French is essential. To be successful you must be able to think creatively and design new solutions to meet the challenges of our changing education system and be focused upon providing our students with the skills necessary to engage with the wider world.
In the MFL Department we have:
• Well-equipped classrooms with a variety of interactive facilities
• Year on year improvement in GCSE results
• An enthusiastic and supportive department team
• Hard working students and strong home/school partnerships
• A range of technology to enhance teaching and learning
The Marches is a thriving school, dedicated to ensuring students feel fully supported in all that they do. In the current Year 11 cohort, 69% of students are studying a Modern Foreign Language at GCSE. Learning radiates well beyond the classroom, with a vast array of extra-curricular activities, trips and educational visits taking place each term. Facilities at the school are exceptional, providing students with access to state of the art ICT equipment, extensive sports facilities and fully equipped classrooms.
At The Marches School we can offer:
• An ‘Outstanding’ curriculum offering students a strong core entitlement in MFL, Mathematics and Science
• A full extra-curricular programme with opportunities for enrichment activities for all
• Excellent resources and facilities
• An enthusiastic and supportive team of staff, parents and governors
• Hard working students
• An excellent opportunity to develop your career
• CPD opportunities
The Marches School is a successful, forward-thinking 11-18 Academy, with 1,420 students currently on roll. Located in the attractive border town of Oswestry, the school enjoys a semi-rural location, within walking distance of the town centre. In 2013, The Marches opened its doors to the school's first ever Sixth Formers and now delivers a broad range of A-Levels and boasts modern, spacious Sixth Form Facilities.
We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate:
• Experience of working as an Assistant Subject Leader of MFL or MFL AST
• An outstanding track record of excellence in learning and teaching
• A passion for MFL, understanding how language and literature can transform young people’s lives
• A personal authority matched with communication and organisational skills to assist with leading and managing with impact
• A commitment to raising standards, expectations and achievement
• The ability to assist the Director of MFL to implement and evaluate new strategies
• A clear vision and understanding of the needs of young people in a secondary school environment
There will be an opportunity to visit the school on Wednesday 25th April 2018 at 8.45am. If you would like to attend on this date or for further information, please email Julia Hipkiss, HR/Personnel Administrator email@example.com
For further information or to apply for the post please visit our online recruitment site via the school’s website www.marchesschool.co.uk (Please note we do not accept CVs).
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 29th April 2018.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 2nd May 2018.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.