Assistant Director of Modern Foreign Languages (MFL)
To start September 2018
We are looking to appoint an ambitious and talented Assistant Director of MFL to work in our vibrant, high achieving and multicultural school. You will support the subject leader of a successful department with an enthusiastic team of highly committed teachers ensuring excellence.
The successful applicant will be a talented, innovative practitioner with a passion for all aspects of modern foreign languages who will have a leading role in moving the department to outstanding. The Assistant Director of MFL will plan, lead, deliver and monitor teaching and learning in the department. Specific responsibilities will depend on the individual candidate’s strengths and abilities.
Lealands provides a dynamic, friendly and vibrant environment where support, training and development for all staff is a priority. Our students and staff experience a supportive and caring atmosphere along with high standards and expectations for success.
· A generous relocation package
· Access to our sports equipment and facilities including swimming pool and gym
· Opportunities for paid lunch duties
· Staff laptop with remote access to school systems
· Access to a wider community of schools through our partnership with Luton Futures and Lea Springs
· Professional development programme and opportunities to study for a Masters degree
· Staff benefits package
· Excellent location on the northern edge of Luton within walking distance to Leagrave train station (to London/Bedford) and airport links to destinations throughout Europe
Interested applicants should visit the school website www.lealands.luton.sch.uk/recruitment or email – email@example.com for further details and for an application form.
Visits from prospective applicants are welcome and can be arranged by contacting Ms Buxton (Head’s PA) on 01582 611600.
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse and provide effective help or advice fluently in spoken English.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 22nd April 2018
Interview date: w/c Monday 23rd April 2018
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools