Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) is the best college in Staffordshire and, increasingly, one of the most successful in the country. Comprising Newcastle-under-Lyme and Stafford Colleges the group has £40m+ turnover with 5,500+ full time students, 1,500 apprentices and 500 HE learners. Performance both for learner responsive and apprenticeship delivery is comfortably within the top 10% of GFE colleges nationally.
We are seeking a manager to lead our Faculty of Professional Studies which comprises provision across two campuses in Accounting, Business, Computing, Travel and Access plus Hospitality and Hair & Beauty at our Stafford campus.
Reporting to the Director of Curriculum & Performance, this is an opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic manager with a first class understanding of curriculum delivery in the professional/service industries and the ability to lead a diverse staff team to achieve outstanding levels of performance.
- To implement the Colleges vision, mission and strategic objectives and to promote the values and behaviours which underpin them.
- To promote the Faculty and NSCG as the first choice destination for the brightest young people throughout Staffordshire through an active programme of liaison with schools, parents and other relevant partners.
- To drive up success rates, high grades and positive destinations (i.e. university, apprenticeship or sustainable employment) to outstanding levels and lead the Faculty to achieve excellence throughout.
- To promote curriculum innovation and development as essential elements of the Facultys commitment to raising standards and excellence in all areas of its activity.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Holds an appropriate academic or professional qualification.
- Has a good general understanding of funding and management issues affecting the FE sector.
- Has demonstrable experience of successful track record in a similar role.
- Has high level problem-solving, project-management and negotiation skills.
- Has interpersonal, motivational and communication skills of the highest order.
- Can demonstrate a clear strategic vision for the faculty.
Whats in it for you?
- The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 35 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply?
To apply for the role of Assistant Director of Professional Studies please go to www.nulc.ac.uk/jobs and click on Apply to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 25 February 2018.
Interviews to be held on 7 March 2018.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community