An outstanding Assistant Director of Sixth Form with Physics is required ideally for a January 2019 start, however we will consider April 2019 for the right candidate, to join a committed and hard-working department with links to other schools in the Tudor Grange family. A wide range of teaching and learning strategies are used in the delivery of Science including a focus on developing students’ independence and spontaneity.
Additionally, you will benefit from:
- Attractive teaching allocation to reflect the role
- Dedicated leadership coaching
- Leadership and development opportunities
- Joining a department judges as 'good' in the school's recent OfSTED inspection (September 2017)
- Teaching in a forward thinking department with excellent resources and facilities for teachers who are passionate about their subject
- Working in a faculty which achieves excellent results:
Science 50% A*-C
Additional science 67% A*-C
Biology 80.3% A*-C
Chemistry 89% A*-C
Physics 84% A*-C
Biology 40% A*-A; 88% A* - C,
Chemistry 29.8% A*- A; 74.5% A*- C
Physics 36.4% A*-A; 72.7% A*-C
The Robert Smyth Academy developed from Market Harborough’s oldest school and was founded in 1607. It is now a vibrant, fast growing 11 – 19 Academy with nearly a thousand students, including over 300 students in the Sixth Form. The area around Market Harborough, which is an attractive and a growing market town, is increasing in its diversity and offering significant potential for the Academy to grow.
In 2016 and 2017 the Academy’s Key Stage 4 and 5 results were very pleasing and underpin the progress that has been made. The OfSTED inspection in September 2017 deemed the Academy as ‘good’. This, with other progress being made, is the foundation of the Academy’s journey to being ‘outstanding’. The Academy also enjoys a very positive reputation in its community and particularly for its considerable extra-curricular offer in many areas, most notably in art, music and sport.
If you join us, you will benefit from:
- Teaching pupils who are well motivated as the school enjoys strong parental support
- Working in a Trust with structured professional development opportunities
- A real chance to develop in a forward thinking, highly successful academy
- Developing yourself in our ‘can do’ culture and positive ‘want to’ climate
Informal visits and conversations about the post are most welcome.
Short Listing will be held on Monday 18th November 2018
Interviews will be held on Week Commencing 18th November 2018
The recruitment process is robust in seeking to establish the commitment of candidates to support the school’s measures to safeguard children and to identify, deter or reject people who might pose a risk of harm to children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. All applications will be considered on their merit and the post will be offered subject to the usual health, criminal record and reference clearance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting.