LEEDS COLLEGE OF BUILDING
ASSISTANT FACULTY DIRECTOR - STUDENT SUPPORT
Salary: £38,245 - £44,251 per annum
We are looking to appoint an aspirational leader who will develop and lead on our commitment to offer outstanding student support to all those attending Leeds College of Building. The successful candidate will work with both academic and pastoral staff to raise our students’ standards of work to the highest level. Candidates should have previous experience of a similar role, or be able to demonstrate a proven record of experience and impact.
We are looking for someone who can offer:
- Inspirational management of the ILS team and timetabling of support.
- Supporting teaching and learning improvements via involvement in the Observation of Teaching and Learning process, and the coordination and administration of selection tests.
- ILS assessment and other assessment methodologies, as well as a personal teaching programme.
- Completion of internal ILS reports including Operational Planning, Self-Assessment Reports and reports to Faculty management.
- Detailed understanding of the operational and strategic needs of Student Services departments
- To be proactive in the development of student support needs in ensuring innovative teaching, learning and support systems / processes are implemented.
- To be up to date with current developments in Education (both FE and HE), in particular in the areas of student recruitment, careers advice & guidance and Inclusive Learning Support.
- An up to date and thorough understanding of appropriate funding methodologies relating to students’ needs
Experience of teaching students who require additional support is essential, as is experience of developing strategies for different types of learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities (LLDD).
Applicants should be professionally qualified to degree level or equivalent and hold Level 2 Maths and English Language qualifications. A Level 7 Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) or other LLDD area qualification is desirable.
In return, we can offer you:
• a warm and welcoming college with excellent benefits package including;
• an enviable 35 day annual leave entitlement in addition to statutory and additional bank holidays
• an excellent pension scheme (Teachers Pensions)
• opportunities for flexible working
• family friendly policies
• access to training and development
• the opportunity to work with a strong and committed team;
• the satisfaction of making a real difference to the life chances of our students
Please note that all applications should be completed online.
Please visit the vacancies section of our website at www.lcb.ac.uk. CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date: Wednesday 24 October 2018 at 4pm.
Interview date: Monday 5 November 2018
Please note this position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The College is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is also committed to the ‘Prevent Duty’ and the requirement to prevent people being drawn into terrorism and expects all staff to share these commitments.
Leeds College of Building
Leeds College of Building is the only specialist Further and Higher Education Construction College in the UK and we are based in one of the top cities in the country. Established in the 1960's, we have built up an enviable reputation both regionally and nationally. We deliver a comprehensive range of courses related to construction and the built environment, across Leeds and nationally, including apprenticeships, Further and Higher Education and business training. The College is often commended on its high quality tuition, facilities and resources, reflected in the excellent success rates of our students. The number of students has expanded in recent years due to the high level of interest in construction and there are currently around 7,500 students. There is a friendly and sociable atmosphere at all of our sites and our staff work hard to ensure students achieve their goals and receive the support and guidance needed to succeed.