South Wirral High School is a co-educational foundation secondary school and sixth form located in Eastham, Merseyside, England. We pride ourselves on our community ties, working closely with nearby primary schools to aid in transition - shown in our motto "Raising Achievement in Partnership with Families and the Community". This declares a vision for our school where each student’s progress is remarkable. We focus on the whole educational experience for each student, aiming for success in examinations and the other aspects of school life - including sports, the arts, leadership and as contributors to our community.
The confidence and skills students gain ensure pathways to university and the world of work.
The person appointed will support the Progress Leader of Mathematics in raising achievement and join a staff with ‘an unswerving commitment to ensure that every student achieves their goals, whatever their circumstances’. South Wirral High School is a rapidly improving school, with positive Progress 8 in 2017.
A Successful Application
The person appointed should:
- be able to demonstrate impact on student progress
- have experience of coaching colleagues and students
- have experience of planning and implementing change in Curriculum, Assessment, Tracking and Intervention
The post will focus on improving student progress across KS3, 4 and 5 Mathematics.
- Working with all staff and the Faculty Progress Leader for Mathematics to monitor student progress to ensure assessment of progress is razor sharp at all key stages and improves attainment.
- Working with the other assistant progress lead to evaluate the curriculum to ensure that it promotes achievement and love of subject. Monitor and evaluate the systems for assessment, tracking and intervention.
- Working with the other Assistant Progress Lead to devise, implement and monitor strategies for immediate impact, particular focus on ensuring differences are diminished for disadvantaged students or school priority groups.
- Working with the Maths Leadership team to evaluate the quality of teaching against teachers’ standards, using a variety of evidence including data analysis, lesson observations, learning walks, work scrutiny and student voice.
- Both assistant progress leads will have the opportunity to shape their roles as detailed above, working in partnership, with the Faculty Progress Lead.
The assessment process will be:
- Lesson Observation (20%)
- In-tray exercise (20%)
- Presentation (20%)
- Interview panel (40%)
The post is subject to an Enhanced Level DBS check.
Closing date: Monday 16th October 2017
Interview date: Thursday 19th October 2017
We are sorry that it will not be possible to contact unsuccessful candidates. Anyone who has not heard of the progress of their application by Tuesday 17th October must assume it has been unsuccessful.
Completed application forms and letter of application with CV and the names of two referees addressed to Headteacher.
Please see the school’s website www.southwirral.wirral.sch.uk for further details and an application form.