Lord Wandsworth College seeks an enthusiastic and suitably experienced individual for the post of Assistant Gardener. The Assistant Gardener will assist the Grounds team in maintaining the highest standards of playing, sport and amenity surfaces for the College, ensuring there are safe and consistent quality playing surfaces always available.
Key responsibilities will include:
- garden maintenance tasks such as pruning, trimming, dead heading, and tidying plants, shrubs and trees in accordance with good horticultural practice and garden design requirements;
- maintenance of playing fields;
- day-to-day maintenance tasks such as litter clearance, emptying litter bins, leaf sweeping;
- occasional help with special events, such as car parking.
Qualifications, skill and experience:
- proven experience of gardening work, ideally within a school environment or similar;
- proven knowledge of horticulture and gardening;
- horticultural qualification (desirable);
- passion, integrity and enthusiasm in day-to-day tasks;
- ability to work to timescales on tasks;
- an ability to work both as part of a team and independently;
- flexibility and positivity in attitude to work;
- good communication skills;
- full UK driving licence (essential).
Full training is provided.
To apply for this post please click on the following link: https://app.vacancy-filler.co.uk/salescrm//Careers/CareersPage.aspx?e=LMo8nnTwYNZXkxoxPyDWrb8Csjk2jlJqK0QaNaebDW2GrjEk-9oiV7oZyQtZEhPrPYjPWeBrwaU
If you require any assistance completing your online application please contact Vacancy Filler, our recruitment support team, on 01509 236434 or use the ‘Support’ option found at the bottom of the online application form.
Any questions with regard to the post should be directed to the HR Assistant, Georgina Timmins on 01256 860296 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday, 25th February 2018
Interview date: Thursday 1st /Friday 2nd March 2018
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check and references. We are an equal opportunities employer. Lord Wandsworth College is a registered charity (number: 1143359) providing outstanding caring education for boys and girls since 1912.