Required from 1st September 2020, we are looking to appoint an Assistant Head (Academic) at Sheffield Girls’. Applications are invited from well-qualified, experienced and ambitious candidates who are keen to join the Senior Leadership Team of this highly successful school.
Candidates will be expected to have a strong academic background and experience in leadership in the 11-18 age range. They will have the energy, enthusiasm and vision to play a key role in the strategic leadership of the school with a particular focus on teaching and learning, curriculum and assessment.
The job description and person specification can be found in the attached information pack, as well as a more detailed overview of the school.
As part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
To apply please click the apply button and complete the online application.
Please ensure that you enclose a cover letter with your application.
The closing date for applications is 4.00pm, Friday 21st February 2020.
Interviews will take place w/c 2nd March 2020.
The GDST are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.