Assistant Head: Assessment, Reporting and Student Progress
Dubai College is looking to appoint an Assistant Head to enhance student progress through effective assessment and reporting as well as the use of digital technologies. This is a new post and the successful applicant will be a key member of the College’s Senior Leadership Team. We invite applications from outstanding graduates in any discipline with demonstrable interest in and experience of effective assessment, data monitoring and tracking as well as digital governance and use.
The successful applicant will want to pioneer continuous reporting through the effective collection, interpretation and communication of student data to all key stakeholders within the College. They will recognise the potential of technology to both reduce staff workload as well as provide timely and effective feedback to students and their parents and teachers. The Assistant Head will want to drive the acquisition, implementation and use of appropriate digital technologies for this purpose.
The successful candidate will have:
• a love of learning
• a gift for teaching
• advanced interpersonal skills and highly developed emotional intelligence
• demonstrable experience of effectively implementing the latest research in assessment
• the skills to engage with a wide spectrum of the College community empathetically and sensitively whilst demonstrating resilience
• individual initiative and creative ability as well as the skill set to be a very strong team player who shares and drives our vision
• an advanced level of ICT skills both as a user and a teacher
• a strong track record of success ideally in a highly selective coeducational school
• the ability to manage a staff of well-qualified and experienced teachers
• proven leadership skills in a demanding and dynamic environment
• a good honours degree in any discipline and a PGCE qualification
• an outstanding knowledge and understanding of impactful assessment
It is highly desirable for the successful applicant to have:
• a postgraduate degree in education
• knowledge and experience of implementing effective use of technology within schools
• at least three years of relevant leadership experience
Evidence to support the above required skill set should be found in the letter of application, CV, application form and interview.
A full job specification can be found in the Vacancy Pack attached. This is also available on our website http://www.dubaicollege.org/join-us/recruitment/teaching together with an application form.
Dubai College operates its own teaching scales. The contract of employment provides for a generous basic salary (currently tax free), medical insurance and terminal gratuity. In addition, allowances are available for accommodation and relocation as well as an annual flight allowance.
Dubai College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and we select staff that understand and share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and obtaining a Police Certificate or Good Conduct Certificate from the country the applicant last resided or was employed in, which may include Disclosure & Barring checks.
Applicants should send a completed application form (available on our website) by email to Annie Kirkaldy, Headmaster’s Assistant on email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Saturday 4th January and interviews are planned for Sunday 12th to Wednesday 15th January 2020; there is the potential for a final stage interview in Dubai following the initial round.