Hereford Cathedral School seeks to appoint an Assistant Head who will offer insight, wisdom and vision to the development of the school’s already excellent provision of extra-curricular activities, particularly sport. Our major sports include football, hockey, netball, rowing and rugby, but there is a wide selection of sports for pupils of all abilities and interests.
The Assistant Head is expected to have gained valuable experience managing staff within a Sports Department and this post would suit a candidate seeking to become a Head. Ideally the candidate will have experience of working with pupils in senior and junior schools and will be expected to contribute directly to school sport and the extra-curricular life of the school.
September 2018/January 2019
Description: Full time and permanent
Our ideal candidate will be capable of maintaining a clear, strategic approach towards sport which will support and enhance the wide variety of extra-curricular opportunities on offer. As a member of the Whole School Senior Leadership Team they will advise and support the Headmaster with the school’s ambitious programme for the development of sport across the whole school (from 3-18). This key leadership role will require an excellent knowledge and understanding of the provision of sport within a coeducational framework together with:
• Strong organisational skills
• Flexibility and versatility in dealing with the wide variety of logistic and interpersonal challenges that inevitably arise when dealing with whole school management issues
• An ambitious ‘can do’ approach which seeks not only to maintain, but also to improve, the quality of provision and the standard of achievement in all extra-curricular activities, but particularly sport.
• A love of sport and appreciation of the value it plays in enriching the lives of all pupils especially with regard to physical and emotional health, teamwork and leadership
• A willingness to ensure that all pupils across the ability range are provided with opportunities to be stretched and challenged
• An appreciation of the value of all extra-curricular activities, and of the need to ensure a wide range of opportunities are available
• An excellent ability to communicate with pupils, parents (current and prospective), governors and the wider community
• An aptitude for creative thinking which will help develop opportunities for outreach, marketing and school development
• An ability to oversee and manage budgets, to monitor and forecast expenditure
Application forms can be downloaded from our website www.herefordcs.com and sent with a covering letter to Mrs Cath Knowles , HR Office, Hereford Cathedral School, Old Deanery, The Cathedral Close, Hereford HR1 2NG or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 30th March 2018. Interviews will take place at the start of next term.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references and other safer recruitment checks.
Registered in Cardiff No 2081261 (Limited by Guarantee)
Registered Charity No 518889