Assistant Head Teacher – Year 6 or EYFS experience
Salary: Leadership scale L5-9
Employer: The Federated C of E Schools of St Mary’s and St Saviour’s part of Genesis Education Trust
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Start Date: Jan 2018
Closing Date: Friday 13th October 2017 at 9am
Interviews/observations: Week commencing 16th October 2017
Are you an ambitious, highly effective professional looking for opportunities of career advancement and perhaps assistance with funding opportunities for an MA or further study?
The Genesis Education Trust is an expanding group of outstanding and good schools in east London with a fantastic track record of training and progression opportunities for teachers.
We are looking for ambitious and dedicated staff to join in our expansion, to work at St Mary’s or St Saviour’s in Walthamstow. We can offer a strong team, first class training (St Mary’s is a Teaching School), dedicated and professional colleagues, rapid progression and substantial funding for relevant MA or professional qualification studies. St Mary’s is 3-form entry and is graded outstanding by Ofsted. St Saviour’s is 2-form entry and is graded as good, with outstanding features. Due to expansion, we are looking to recruit an additional Assistant Head teacher to increase leadership capacity in support of our growing commitment as a teaching school.
If you are interested in joining our team, we would welcome a visit from you prior to application. You can visit St Mary’s or St Saviour’s. Please contact Ms Holder (telephone number below) and let her know the dates and times when you can visit and which school. We look forward to hearing from you!
You will be an excellent Primary practitioner looking for an exciting opportunity to help the federation to build – with all the additional future opportunities that entails. If you have drive, energy and ambition, we’d love you to join us.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional who is:
• An inspirational leader
• Approachable and able to empathise with parents and carers
• An outstanding, creative practitioner
• An excellent class teacher, ideally with Y6 experience.
• Enthusiastic and keen to progress.
• Excited and committed to school improvement
• Creative and innovative
• Able to motivate and inspire colleagues
• Passionate, with a proven track record of raising standards
• Experience of a core subject Inclusion or Data
• An expanding, welcoming school
• Close links with the church and local community
• Enthusiastic, well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn
• Excellent career development
• Hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues
• Funding of postgraduate study – MA, professional qualifications etc
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants will undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and DBS. References will be taken up before interview.
St Mary's Address: Brooke Rd, Walthamstow E17 9HJ Tel: 020 8521 1066
St Saviour's Address: Verulam Ave, Walthamstow, E17 8ER Tel: 020 8520 0612
An application form and job description can be downloaded from the advert. All applications should be submitted to email@example.com, 020 8520 0612