Are you a talented middle leader, with a proven track record of success, looking for your first senior leadership role? Or are you an existing member of SLT, with a track record of whole school improvement, looking for a new challenge? Washwood Heath Academy has a fantastic opportunity for a talented leader to join an All-Through Academy leadership team.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who is passionate about curriculum, raising standards and school improvement. Washwood Heath Academy became an All-Through Academy in 2017 for pupils across the age range of 4-18 years. The successful candidate will be joining the Academy at an exciting time; the new state-of-the art primary facility opened in February 2019 and we are currently implementing a Knowledge-rich curriculum to raise academic standards and enrichment opportunities. Washwood Heath is an Academy that embraces evidence-based research and we are currently involved in different research projects including a DFE Key Stage 3 Science Knowledge-rich curriculum project and an EEF Maths Direct Instruction pilot. In addition, the Sixth Form facilities and curriculum are being developed to meet the demand of an increasing student population.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role, driving our strategic plan and developing curriculum and implementing a broad and rich curriculum across all key stages. This role will also require the successful candidate to work collaboratively with the Deputy Head responsible for the Primary phase and support curriculum development and implementation in key stages 1 and 2.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced, outstanding practitioner with a strong commitment to improving pupils’ lives in an Academy with high levels of disadvantage and be able to demonstrate a clear track record of raising standards. A constant thirst for improvement and innovation alongside the determination to see developments through to their conclusions are essential. You will be an excellent communicator, a team player who is able to work under pressure and effectively engage pupils and staff. You will have a proven track record of providing effective leadership, aspiring to the highest expectations and standards in all areas of school life.
We welcome applicants with the appropriate drive and personal attributes to be an effective senior leader. The post will focus on the leadership of curriculum and timetable. In addition, you will line manage the Head of Post 16 (supporting with pastoral issues including safeguarding, attendance and behaviour) and a Head of Faculty (supporting the development of teaching and learning as well as outcomes).
Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust is committed to the development of all staff. Within the Trust, there is a family of 7 schools (one All-Through, two secondaries and four primaries) serving the East of Birmingham. We believe that we are stronger working in partnership to serve the children and families of our community.
The successful candidates will:
• Promote a love of lifelong learning
• Have excellent leadership, organisational and management skills
• Demonstrate the ability to build on success and manage change
• Show commitment to a culture of continuous improvement that promotes excellence for staff and pupils alike and builds on our current Ofsted rating
• Demonstrate excellent inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to articulate a clear vision for the through school and support positive relationships across the Trust
• Contribute significantly to the wider development of all schools within the Trust
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic, well behaved learners who engage positively with school life
• Hard-working, motivated and engaged staff and governors, who care deeply about the outcomes for children and young people
• A culture of support for all staff
• MAT-wide continued professional development opportunities to enable practical and research based school improvement initiatives
• High level of support, coaching and friendship from the CEO/Head Teacher group
• Access to an employee benefits scheme
• On-site parking
If you can demonstrate that you possess the necessary experience, knowledge and qualifications and aspire to our vision and values then we would like to hear from you. Further information about the school, the post and how to apply can be found on our school website www.washwoodheath.com/vacancies or alternatively complete the online application form. Should you wish to visit the school prior to submitting your application, please contact:
Ms Dawn Murtagh, Head of Academy’s PA, for an appointment at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 9.00 a.m. Friday 18th October 2019. Applications to be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (CVs will not be accepted).
Washwood Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.