Australian International School has a vision to be known internationally as an institution which represents educational excellence in all aspects of its operation. Our school philosophy commits us fully to the notion of a holistic, rounded education, which cherishes the arts and sports as well as academics as essential dimensions of each student’s education.
The position of Assistant Head of Elementary requires oversight of the student curriculum processes, ensuring consistency and continuity both within the Lower/Upper School and across the Elementary School in general.
The successful applicant will have a strong understanding of the needs of primary (Prep-Year 5) education, with a specific focus on either Prep-Year 2 (Lower Elementary) or Year 3-5 (Upper Elementary). He/she will have the capacity to lead teams to achieve excellence in the delivery of a high quality education aligned with the School’s Mission, Vision and Values delivered via the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Programme.
The ideal candidate for this role must have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- A minimum 4 year Bachelor of Education qualification or 3 year Bachelor Degree plus a 1 year teaching qualification from a recognised institution
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a senior leadership role, particularly in the area of administration and welfare
- Experience with systems and structures in a large school setting (500+)
- Experience with an holistic approach to welfare
- Experience with the IBPYP is preferable
- Knowledge of restorative practices is preferable
We are offering attractive salary and benefit packages to successful candidates.
Further information about this position is available in the attached job description. Only applications submitted using the school's application form will be considered. Please submit your completed application form, cover letter and CV by Sunday 9th July 2017, 23 59 (UK Time).
Please provide the following supporting documentation as well as completing our application form:
- CV or Resume (max 2 side of A4)
- Cover Letter (max 1 side of A4)
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.