We are looking for an Assistant Head of House/CCF School Staff Instructor (SSI) to start as soon as possible.
Wellacre Academy in Trafford was designated 'Good' by Ofsted following a successful inspection in May 2017. Inspectors highlighted a number of key reasons for the school's success, including:
- Strong leadership and governance provide the school with good capacity to sustain further improvement and move to outstanding.
- The school is producing "well-rounded citizens that have the skills such as resilience, self-confidence, self-worth and empathy to prepare them for the next stage of their lives."
- A resounding positive judgement on the behaviour of the boys at the school and that the boys "feel safe and are safe" at the school, that boys are free from bullying and that "the school is highly inclusive and welcoming."
- Pupils' conduct around the school is consistently good. They are self-disciplined and orderly when they move around the school. The atmosphere is calm and safe. Pupils are respected and show respect for one another.
- Pupils have good attitudes to learning. They are attentive and contribute enthusiastically in lessons. Pupils are proud of their achievements and are a credit to the school.
We would like to hear from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at.
You will support a Head of House within our new House structure ensuring high standards of behaviour, attendance and achievement.
An Armed Forces, Reserve Forces or Cadet Unit experience is essential as you will be leading our new Royal Naval CCF Unit as the School Staff Instructor.
You should be a dedicated and passionate professional who will inspire students and be committed to raising the aspirations of all - regardless of background.
We offer the opportunity to be part of a highly innovative and successful Inclusion Team where quality teaching and pastoral care is at the heart of our school; a friendly and supportive working environment with a commitment to staff wellbeing and a comprehensive induction programme leading to the opportunity to engage in further professional development, including access to a team of coaches.
If you feel that you could add value to our school and have the necessary energy, enthusiasm and sense of humour to join us, please complete the application form included.
Completed application forms should be emailed electronically to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 17th June at 10.00am
Interview date: w/c 24th June 2019