Assistant Head of Mathematics
TLR 2.2 £4447
Start Date: September 2018
We are looking for an experienced, qualified teacher of Mathematics to join our successful team and work closely with the Head of Mathematics as Second in Charge of the department.
It is essential that you are passionate about Mathematics education and have a flair for working with young people; we need teachers who are resilient, highly driven and self-motivated, who will go the extra mile to ensure that students achieve beyond their own expectations. Experience of teaching across all key stages at secondary level would be an advantage.
The role would suit a determined and proactive teacher who understands the need for excellent communication skills and the ability to get the best out of people as part of their role.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree. • Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students across all teaching groups.
• Support the subject area as appropriate and as directed to by the Head of Maths.
• Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students both within their own groups and across the department.
• Lead on areas within the department including aspects of department meetings.
• Provide a motivating and structured learning experience, which will provide students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• Use ICT effectively in the efficient delivery of teaching in order to enhance students’ learning experiences along with having the confidence to complete professional tasks such as data related activities.
• Contribute significantly to raising standards of student progress as a teacher and form tutor.
• Be a team player who is able to make contributions for the benefit of everyone in the department and wider school community.
Applicants should download the application form and send the completed form along with a covering letter of application to Mrs Sandi Flint, Head’s PA at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Buxton Community School, College Road, Buxton SK17 9EA
Closing date for applications is Monday 19th March 2018 at 10.00am
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 21st March 2018.