‘Pupils make good progress and the teaching in Maths is especially strong’ Ofsted 2018
‘The inspirational headteacher’s vision and clear determination have been pivotal in improving the school. Leaders and staff are committed to the school’s continued improvement’ Ofsted 2018
Winton Community Academy is a community where inspirational teaching, self-evaluation and self-improvement are evident from the moment you enter our school.
Our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
We are proud to serve the communities around Andover in the centre of Hampshire, a short commute from Winchester, Salisbury and many picturesque Hampshire villages. . Ofsted judged us as a ‘good academy’ in January 2018 and our Headteacher Nathan Thomas as ‘an inspirational leader’.
In 2017 we celebrated just under 60% of our students obtaining 4+s in either English and maths. We know that they can do even better. We want Winton to lead the way in teaching excellence and for all our staff and students to develop their maximum potential. Get on board and make a real difference to our children and to your career.
We are keen to enhance teaching capacity and teaching standards both in the Academy and in Hampshire. We work with teacher training centres in the area with huge success.
As a result of promotion we are looking to appoint into the important role of Assistant Head of Maths. We will support the successful candidate’s professional development by ensuring that they are given opportunities to:
- Attend two national maths conferences, each academic year, with 65 other subject leaders in January and July
- Attend three cluster afternoons every year to observe lessons in other schools and share best practice
- Have access to the country’s leading Maths mastery curriculum and assessment materials
- Receive support from the regional Maths leader with at least half-termly support
- Have access to outstanding training, both regionally and nationally
- Join a fantastic Maths forum, sharing ideas with schools all over the country
- Develop Maths and numeracy across a network of academies, locally, regionally and nationally (for the right candidate).
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A proven record of raising and maintaining outcomes.
- Vision, drive and flare as you join our supportive and forward thinking team of our Core and Middle Leaders.
- The ability to consult, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate improvement with a relentless focus on student outcomes.
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
We welcome visits to the Academy, to see us in action and discuss the post. To book an appointment please contact Jackie Lusk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01264 325955.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme and childcare vouchers.
This position is required for September 2018
Closing date is Monday 19 March 2018
Interviews will be arranged as and when convenient and we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For further information on this position and to make an application please click 'quick apply on the TES advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.