The International Community School, Amman, is a school with a bold vision and a big heart. The global home of #themonalisaeffect, nominee for International School of the Year 2019, and the first international school in the world to achieve the prestigious Inclusion Quality Mark, the school is a world leader in the use of student-level data to ensure every child can tread a learning and wellbeing road which is personalised to their strengths and needs. One of the most international of international schools in the Middle East, ICS is proud to offer ‘the world in one classroom’, and, through its determination that all stakeholders #makethepoint in everything they do, adopts a trailblazing determination to engage with and serve its local, regional and global community.
ICS is looking to appoint an Assistant Head of Primary to join, and contribute to the leadership of, our talented, energetic, cohesive and friendly Primary team from August 2020. Applicants should be UK qualified (or equivalent), and able to embody the school’s Guiding Statements and Core Values at all times. They should be optimistic and open-minded, collaborative and kind, and always reflective on their own practice and how it can better meet the attitudinal and aptitudinal needs of each and every student, true to the school’s #earlyyearsup approach. The ideal candidate will be an outstanding and ambitious teacher, an experienced and highly skilled middle or senior leader, and demonstrably able to achieve the ICS Leadership Standards. The precise duties of this role will be negotiated with the successful candidate, and will include up to 12 hours of contact time per week.
ICS offers a highly competitive package, including:
- A generous, tax-free salary for the duration of the two year contract;
- A comprehensive programme of Continuous Professional Learning;
- A thorough and detailed induction programme;
- Fully-furnished, 2-3 bedroom accommodation;
- An annual utilities allowance;
- Annual return flights;
- Comprehensive medical insurance;
- Free tuition for up to three children;
- Free transportation to and from the school;
- A bonus of one and a half month’s salary upon signing a second contract.
Not only is the International Community School committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, but we are also advising the Ministry of Education in the development of outstanding policy and practice kingdomwide. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening including checks with past employers and a thorough ICPC check.
ICS is also an equal opportunities employer.
To find out more about the school, please view our recruitment video here .
To apply for the position, please send all of the following, for the attention of Matthew Savage, Principal, to email@example.com . Please submit each document in pdf format; failure to include all the information below may adversely affect the success of your application:
A full and up-to-date CV (maximum 2 pages), which:
- includes a recent, professional photo, and your date of birth, nationality, marital status and number/age of any dependents;
- outlines all education, qualifications and employment (from Secondary/High school onwards);
- accounts for and explains any and all gaps in employment or education;
- clearly states the best telephone number, email address and Skype ID on which you can be contacted;
- includes the contact details of at least three referees (one of which must be your current/most recent Headteacher/Principal).
A Letter of Application (maximum 2 pages), which:
- clearly states for which position you are applying;
- demonstrates clearly how your skills and experience equip you for this role in our school;
- evidences your pedagogy and practice, and enables us to measure you against our Teacher and Leadership Standards and to distinguish you from other candidates;
- includes the following paragraph: “I declare that I have not been convicted, nor had any criminal proceedings against me, nor have I been warned, either orally or in writing, in relation to any safeguarding issue. I declare that there are no such proceedings pending against me at the date of this declaration. I know of no reason why I should be considered unsuitable for work with children and I have not been dismissed from such a post for malpractice. I understand that the International Community School will carry out thorough ICPC checks on all employees on appointment as part of our Safer Recruitment policy, and that my failure to disclose information will result in dismissal in the case of an appointment being made."
The deadline for applications will be 9am (GMT) on 7 December 2019. Please note that, due to the number of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Initial interviews, where needed, will be conducted via Zoom between 15 and 17 December 2019. Face-to-face interviews will take place in London between 6 and 18 January 2020; where a candidate is unable to attend an interview in London, the school will consider a Zoom interview then instead too.
Should you require any further information about the position, or if you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact Abeer Ardekani, HR Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org .