British International School Riyadh
(3-18, BSME, CIS, co-educational, English-medium school)
Principal: Chris Mantz M.Ed.
Do you want to be part of an exciting, innovative and rewarding learning environment with highly motivated students, excellent teachers and supportive parents?
ASSISTANT HEAD of PRIMARY required for August 2017
The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school. We now seek to add to our team.
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Head of the Primary section. The post would suit an exceptional educator who wishes to make a substantial contribution to BISR’s continued success. The appointed candidate will strengthen an established extended leadership team and be committed to providing a broad and balanced educational experience to children between the ages of 3 and 11.
Working closely with the Senior Leadership Team, this will be a unique opportunity to bring your innovative ideas, professionalism and leadership qualities to an already progressive primary section that is tireless in its continued pursuit of excellence. This post offers a unique opportunity for the right individual to join the Primary Extended Leadership Team and play a strategic role in further developing the school’s shared vision.
The successful candidate will:
- be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
- very competently fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department of Education in 2012;
- put students at the heart of the education process;
- fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
- commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
- have proven leadership and man management experience coupled with the vision, imagination and commitment to further deliver strategic improvements;
- have experience of delivering the National Curriculum of England through a Creative Curriculum or the International Primary Curriculum;
- be positive and optimistic by nature, leading collegiately by example, with excellent communication skills and high expectations of students and staff;
- have experience of working in a multicultural environment, an awareness of the school’s responsibilities to promote internationalism and a strong appreciation of diversity;
- have successful teaching experience which demonstrates good practice in establishing relationships with students through their work; the effective organisation of a learning environment and high expectations of achievement leading to excellent outcomes;
- be passionate about preparing all children for their future both academically and socially;
- have a commitment to students’ social and emotional wellbeing and knowledge of key child protection issues.
To apply, please follow the link: https://uptic.net/job/266
and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines
Closing date for all applications: Friday 6th January 2017 at 10:00 (KSA)
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people and all post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure (with a Barred List check).
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa