Would you like to be part of a school who has a long tradition of Academic excellence, strong pastoral care and high expectations for all, where exam results in 2017 were the best ever in the history of the school and a superb 81% of all students gained grade 9 – 4 in both English and Maths, with over 75% of all students gaining GCSE grades A*-C in at least two Sciences. If so, Harlington Upper School is the school for you.
This post would suit a committed and skilled teacher who wants to make a real difference and help all our students achieve the highest possible standards.
We can offer you:
- Excellent Induction with staff wellbeing as its highest priority
- The opportunity to work alongside our dedicated and hardworking Science department,
- Excellent professional development and guidance.
- The opportunity to teach in a highly successful academy, which achieved the best KS4 results in Central Bedfordshire in 2017.
- A rural location, but with excellent transport links to larger towns and cities such as Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton and London via the M1 and Thameslink train line – the train station is only a 10 - 15 minute walk away.
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities
- Good promotion prospects and career development
- Popular school, attracting many out of catchment students
- Thriving Sixth Form with approx. 270 students
- Well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
Closing Date: 10 am Friday 8 December
Provisional Interview Date: Wednesday 13 December