Uptown is a truly international, IB World School that serves our whole community. We provide a world-class education and expect excellent educational outcomes. This provides for a stimulating environment, where hard work and commitment are rewarded. We are committed to continuous improvement as individuals and as a school. If you want to join us on that journey, make a genuine difference to childrens lives and become a better teacher then please read on!
- Maintain clear policies on assessment practices and ensure they are standardised and understood at all levels
- Ensure student assessment systems are robust, reliable and valid. That they can be used to inform future planning, used to track student progress, used to track staff performance and used to inform parents how well their children are performing.
- Implement a strategy for improving student attainment
- Lead middle leaders in understanding and utilizing the assessment system for the purposes above and for inspection purposes
- Liaise with IT staff over fully utilizing our Data Management System (iSams)
- Lead the reporting of performance data to parents
- Ensure that all external examinations, tests and surveys are administered efficiently and effectively (in liaison with curriculum co-ordinators as appropriate)
- Support academic and pastoral middle leaders in monitoring the impact of teacher interventions
- Liaising with universities counselor and DP co-ordinator regarding student transcripts (secondary only)
- Working with counterparts in other phases over transition of data between phases
- Excellent communication skills including high standards of professionalism in written and spoken English
- Strong IT skills including the ability to carry out calculations and data analysis in Excel.
- Bachelors of Education or teaching qualification equivalent and a Bachelors degree
With year-round sunshine, a tax-free salary and endless career development opportunities, Dubai is one of the major players in the international teaching market. Whether you enjoy spending your weekends dune bashing and cycling the desert tracks, or indulging in some retail therapy before a dip in the sea, Dubai has it all. Its a great place to develop yourself professionally, while enjoying an enriching life outside of the workplace. At Taaleem we are proud and privileged to operate some of the leading schools in the UAE, led by outstanding teachers from all over the world. Our schools are located across Dubai and Abu Dhabi, catering to the British, IB and American curricula, so we always look for a diverse and inspiring teaching body who are looking to help educate and develop the future generations.
What do we look for?
Due to KHDA regulations, we require our teachers to have one of the following:
- A Masters Degree or higher in Educational Leadership or professional qualification, such as NPQSL (Desired) or a commitment to undertaking the NPQSL course (Required)
- At least three years in a middle or senior leadership role and IB curriculum
- Experience of working with DSIB, OFSTED or similar school inspection authority
- Experience of working in an international school setting fully qualified to teach in the UAE (Required)