ASSISTANT HEAD OF SIXTH FORM
Full Time - Permanent
MPR/UPR + TLR2C incl. Outer London Weighting
The ability to teach English or a core subject may be an advantage
Required for September 2020
Our successful Sixth Form is looking for an Assistant Head of Sixth Form could this be you?
Would you like to work for a Sixth Form with highest progress in Havering in 2019 ?
The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls
An 11-18 Academy with Visual Arts Specialism
Romford Essex RM1 2RR
Executive Headteacher: Mr J. Dutnall LLB, BA, MA
This role would suit someone in their first five years of teaching wanting develop into Sixth Form Leadership. Working alongside a successful team, supporting the Head and Deputy Head of Sixth Form. We would like someone who has:
• Enthusiasm and passion for leading a sixth form
• Commitment to raising standards across all key stages
• Ability to deliver high quality, innovative and exciting lessons
• Ability to plan effectively for high quality teaching, learning and assessment
• Ability to motivate and inspire both students and teachers
• Organisation and efficiency
What we can offer you:
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to progress
- Excellent professional development and career opportunities
- The chance to work in a fantastic school community set in beautiful grounds
- A well experienced, qualified and forward thinking sixth form team
- A strong and collaborative sixth form, with an excellent track record of results at A Level
- The freedom to innovate and inspire both students and colleagues
The Frances Bardsley Academy is a thriving, oversubscribed and highly successful, comprehensive school for girls aged 11-18. We were again judged as good by OFSTED in 2019 and are part of the LIFE Education Trust.
As founding school of the dynamic LIFE Education Trust we work collaboratively with schools in Havering and Essex and are fully committed to the LIFE vision: “Dare to Achieve.”
We believe in helping staff and students achieve their personal best and are keen to recruit the very best talent for our Trust. If you share our passion for challenging, improving and making our schools the best, we’d love to hear from you.
At FBA, the students are a joy to teach and you will be part of a positive environment, with inspiring and supportive colleagues who strive for excellence.
Please submit a copy of the school’s application form, which can be found on our website, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork, to Julian Dutnall, Executive Headteacher by 9am Monday 24th February. Interviews will be held promptly. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The School reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds and all parts of the community, particularly people from ethnic minorities who are currently under-represented’.
To find out why we are so proud of Frances Bardsley Academy, visit our website: http://www.fbaok.co.uk/or check us out on Twitter @FBA_Official.
The Frances Bardsley Academy is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.