The King Alfred School is looking for an ambitious and talented leader to join our unique and exceptional school from April 2018 or September 2018 (depending on the successful candidate’s availability to commence in this role).
As Head of Personalised Learning, you will:
- Take on the Strategic & operational leadership of Learning Support and to be the school’s SENCO
- Influence best Teaching & Learning / SEND practice in the wider school
- Lead of our provision for the academically most able
To work at KAS, you will be passionate about a holistic approach to education. We are fortunate in being able to value the progress young people make in all areas, and to create an exciting and innovative experience that is true to our own principles and values. In addition to aligning with our values as a school, the ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experiences:
- At least three years’ of relevant experience in Middle Leadership such as Head of Department, Head of Year or SENCO
- Good honours degree + PGCE secondary (QTS)
- National SENCO award is desirable, (or commitment to undertake training on appointment)
- Strong understanding of National SEND context and Code of Practice
- Proven track record of being an excellent teacher in own classroom, and well-versed in differentiation
- Ability to establish successful relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong collaborative leader and have a positive impact on teams
If you share our vision and are an experienced, reflective leader, hard-working, forward-thinking and keen to grow with our community, we would very much like to hear from you. If you do not have the formal SENCO qualifications at this point, but wish to attain them, the school will provide the necessary support.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your CV, covering letter and completed application form to Natalie Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Midday, Monday 29th January 2018.
Interviews: 1st and 2nd February 2018.
Please advise if you are not available on the proposed dates for interviews.
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.