Repton Dubai is seeking an outstanding Assistant Head School Improvement (AHDSI) to start August 2021.
This senior management position is designed to raise the standard of teaching and learning in specific focus areas across the whole school from Early Years to Y13. The focus for the post holder for the next 18 – 24 months will be on improving standards in Arabic and Islamic Education throughout the school.
Welcoming families from all nationalities and children of all ages, the school offers the very best in British education, epitomised by the school’s philosophy of ‘the best for every child’. Repton has state-of-the-art facilities and amenities and is situated on a spectacular campus of 1.3million sq. ft, making it the largest school in the region. There are currently around 1700 pupils attending the school.
Our pupils benefit from an international education based on the British independent and national curricula. Our clear aim and purpose is to provide the best teaching and learning environment in which all pupils will achieve their very best academically, physically and socially. By working closely with all its parents, the school aims to develop young people who will have all the tools they need to succeed in a rapidly changing, highly competitive, global society.
As part of the Repton Family of Schools in the UAE, and working within the Evolvence Group, we share expertise across our group of schools and nurseries in UAE and offer significant opportunities for career progression for those who seek advancement, along with opportunities for professional development through our partnerships with Apple and through our Middle Leaders and Senior Leaders Programs.
About Repton School Dubai
Repton Dubai is a prominent international school in the heart of Dubai and one of the few schools in Dubai to boast an ‘Outstanding’ rating from the Dubai Schools Inspection Board since 2014.
One of the few genuinely international schools in the Gulf Region, Repton Dubai combines the reputation and academic rigour of the UK curriculum, from infants and junior school through to IGCSE level in Year 11, and then embraces the challenges and opportunities of the International Diploma or IB in the Sixth Form.
Set in the largest, most spectacular school campus in the Middle-East, and almost uniquely in Dubai offering a dynamic boarding experience in addition to day school, Repton pupils from ages 3-18 benefit from facilities, resources and a classroom and sporting experience that is the envy of their peers.
Our mission is to promote excellence in every area of a child's and student's life at school, within and outside the classroom.
Successful candidates will:
- Hold a Bachelors degree plus Teaching certification. Education to Master's degree level would be preferable
- Have experience at middle or senior level in teaching & learning, pedagogy and staff performance management
- Have experience in either UK or IB curriculums
- Have excellent communication skills and fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic
In return we offer:
- A generous tax free salary commensurate with experience
- Leave entitlements in line with UK and European school holidays
- Annual flight ticket, accommodation provided in modern apartments in popular residential areas, and world class medical and healthcare benefits (subject to status)
- Full tuition fee remission in Repton School Dubai for candidates with dependents
The Repton Family of Schools is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.
Repton School - Dubai
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years