Assistant Head Teacher – Achievement, Assessment and Reporting
Following the retirement of a leadership post holder, the Governors are seeking to appoint a dynamic individual as Assistant Head Teacher for January 2020, who has the commitment and experience to help lead the school to outstanding.
Holly Lodge High School is a mixed 11-19 thriving and exciting school, which has made significant progress in recent years. Currently it has over 1500 students on roll and is oversubscribed in years 7-9. Receiving a ‘Good’, in our 2017 Ofsted the school continues to strive to become outstanding and as a result we are constantly developing our overall effectiveness, an approach, that is really our essence. “The leadership team are fully committed to creating a culture of continuous school improvement” OFSTED 17
As part of its move to ‘Outstanding’ the school is now seeking to appoint an inspirational Assistant Head Teacher who will work with the leadership team to continue to drive improvement to further develop the school, staff, students and the wider school community. As part of the Executive Leadership group you will continue to develop strategies, lead middle leaders and take a strategic overview of Assessment, Recording and Reporting in a key role that will focus intervention and monitor effectiveness whole school in real time. You will help drive forward improvements, whilst ensuring that the school maintains its inclusive ethos where everyone can aspire, grow, learn and achieve together and achieve our belief in ‘Success for All’
This will require an innovative senior leader who:
• Is a talented practitioner, able to lead by example and inspire others whilst offering the right level of support and challenge to colleagues, someone who is a positive, resilient and confident individual to drive for success.
• Has a successful middle / senior leadership experience in a secondary school setting with a track record of delivering sustained improvement in standards.
• Is driven by excellence and can actively contribute to and promote, with the Head Teacher, a clear vision for an effective school.
• Is determined to make our students and staff the very best they can be.
• Can both build and lead effective teams while also being an effective team member.
• Is committed to the development and well-being of young people/learners.
• Is determined to make a positive difference to both young people and the life of the school.
• Sees the need for consistency, clarity and continuing to develop respect for all, at the heart of all your decisions.
Holly Lodge High School rightly has high aspirations for the future and this will be an exciting and challenging journey working as part of the executive Leadership team. If you possess these qualities and share the schools vision and excitement for the new opportunities offered, then we will be delighted to hear from you.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the school in advance of submitting their application and to meet with the Head Teacher.
For further information about the school, the post, and to apply, please visit our website or contact Lea-Anne Aston, Head Teacher’s PA.
Closing date: Monday 30th September 2019 at 10am
Short listing date: Monday 30th September 2019
Interview date(s): Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th October 2019
T 0121 558 0691 ex 3108
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure
COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES