Smart Teachers is recruiting for an Assistant Head Teacher / Assistant HT for a college in West London. The school caters for students with severe learning difficulties (SLD), profound or multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD). The successful Assistant Head Teacher / Assistant HT must have a minimum of 3 years prior experience teaching coupled with senior leadership in an SEN school. This is a permanent role beginning on July 1st 2018 or earlier.
About the Role
· Assistant Head Teacher / Assistant HT
· Permanent role starting July 1st 2018 or earlier
· Will be responsible for all classroom teacher duties for 3 days per week
· Will guide and support teachers and teaching assistants at the college
· From £52,000, dependent on experience
About the School
· New college based in West London
· Caters for children with severe learning difficulties (SLD), profound or multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
· Pupils are aged between 19-25
· All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
In order to be considered for this role, the Assistant Head Teacher / Assistant HT will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree (essential)
· Must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) (essential)
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum (essential)
· Minimum 3 years’ of teaching within an SEN school (essential)
· Previous experience of senior leadership within an SEN school (essential)
· Experience working with students with SLD, PMLD, and ASD (essential)
· Experience teaching in a post-19 environment (desirable)
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVCA36520.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.