Headteacher: Mrs. D Steen Type:
Mainstream School Funding Status: State – Local Authority Maintained Gender: Mixed
Age Range: Nursery – Year 6
Numbers on Roll: 338
Assistant Head Teacher required for September (with flexibility for the right candidate) Contract Type: Permanent Salary: L1 – L5
Salisbury Primary is an over-subscribed ‘Good’ school (OFSTED 2015) with agreed expansion plans in becoming two-form entry in 2019. The governors of our school are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and well- motivated teacher to join our team of dedicated staff and wonderful children. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced practitioner to be part of something incredibly special and help re-energize an already established school. The successful candidate will be prepared to work hard and respond positively to the challenges of day to day school life. They will be innovative and creative in their teaching and have a strong belief in team work and the ability to work collaboratively to share good practice. You will be part of our drive for further improvement and even greater success for this school in future.
We are looking for you to:
• Have the drive and resilience to help us to continue to move the school to ‘Outstanding.’
• Have a proven, proactive approach to leading school improvement.
• Be an excellent classroom teacher who will drive teaching and learning across the school.
• Be lead SLT member for attendance
• Lead creative curriculum
• Lead mentor for NQTs/student’s/work placements
• Has effective interpersonal skills and is committed to working in partnership with parents, staff, and governors.
• Be passionate about making a difference to the future prospects of our children.
• Enjoy being creative and having fun with our children.
We can offer you:
• A rich and diverse community;
• Strong and supportive cluster school links;
• Children who enjoy learning;
• Dedicated staff who are committed to the well- being of our children;
• A leadership team focused on school improvement;
• A supportive governing body;
• Continued professional development to further your career to Headship.
• An improving school with agreed two-form entry from 2019.
How to apply Application form including a 2-page personal statement. Your statement should show how you meet the criteria of the post to which you are applying and how your examples demonstrate impact.
Closing date: Monday 4th June 2018 12:00 noon
Interviews: Tuesday 19th June 2018
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school.
Salisbury Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure form the Disclosure and barring Service (DBS) As a school, we support applications from educators from diverse backgrounds and from educators seeking flexible working opportunities. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place
Please download the application form from our school website: www.salisbury.walsall.sch.uk
Please email completed application forms to email@example.com Phone: 0121 6674066 Address: Salisbury Primary School, Salisbury Street, Darlaston, Walsall, WS10 8BQ