RAK Academy is a family of five highly regarded international schools that provide both British and International Baccalaureate curriculum pathways. Our vision is to develop ‘Learning Excellence with a Community Heart’.
By ensuring excellent leadership at all levels throughout our schools we aim to provide our students with a world class education, which is also based on an ethos of sustainability.
International School Khuzam (ISK)
ISK is situated in Khuzam which is centrally located in the beautiful, peaceful and inexpensive emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. We are uniquely placed, being the only secondary school out of the five RAK Academy schools. The British curriculum is offered from Grade 6 (Year 7) to Grade 12 (Year 13). All students study IGCSE courses in Grades 9 and 10 and then can opt to follow an A-level pathway or the International Baccalaureate Pathway in Grades 11 and 12. Students also study additional subjects as stipulated by the Ministry of Education (MoE). ISK is accredited by the British Schools Overseas (BSO) and is benchmarked against leading international British schools.
ISK is looking for a passionate, creative and driven Assistant Head Teacher to join a high functioning and forward-thinking senior leadership team. We have a distributed leadership approach and ensure that our students are at the centre of every decision we make. The successful candidate should be able to work effectively with the team but at the same time be self-motivated and self-reliant.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Have an excellent understanding of teaching and learning.
- Have a proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice.
- Experience of teaching GCSE/IGCSE and A-Level courses.
- Have a proven track record of raising attainment and improving progress.
- Be able to interpret whole school and student level data.
- Be highly proficient in the use of technology to support teaching and learning.
- Have previous experience in a position of responsibility as a middle leader.
- Experience of leading a team and working with various teams.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic Leader with a ‘growth mindset’.
- Have excellent communications skills – both spoken and written.
- Excellent people management skills.
- National Professional Qualification Senior Leadership (NPQSL).
- Experience of the requirements of the IB Diploma.
- Experience in an international school.
- Experience of working with MoE subjects.
- Experience of MoE equivalencies.
- Experience as an Assistant Head teacher or equivalent role.
- Experience of using Google suite, e.g., Google classroom.
- Ability to direct change management.
- Understand curriculum design and the concept of developing an aspirational, spiral curriculum.
The School Offers
- Tax-free salary inclusive of housing allowance.
- Annual travel allowance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Medical insurance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Visas for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- School places for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Access to our professional development opportunities.
To apply for this position please use 'QUICK APPLY'
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone a child protection screening to receive an offer of employment. You will be required to provide a Police Verification Check from your home country along with attestation of your qualifications’ and personal documents e.g. Degree, Marriage Certificate etc. The list of checks will be provided to candidates shortlisted for an interview.
Preference will be given to candidates currently in the UAE.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
RAK Academy reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
RAK Academy is an independent, co-educational international family of schools, situated in beautiful Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), the northernmost emirate of the UAE. Just one hour’s drive from Dubai International Airport and 20 minutes’ drive from Ras Al K...