N.B: This post will be based at our Northwich Campus - Hartford Manor, Greenbank Lane, CV8 1HW from September 2019
Focus Learning Trust is part of OneSchool Global, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning.
Our Focus School Northwich Campus is looking to appoint a forward thinking, highly motivated and truly inspirational practitioner to support the Head Teacher in leading our school. You will be responsible for managing Teaching and Learning and Progress and Attainment from Year 3 to Year 13 ensuring and maintaining excellent standards of student progress and achievement. The position will involve a teaching commitment of Maths (the ability to teach PE would also be an advantage)
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading edge school in every aspect.
N.B. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes Focus Learning Trust such a special and unique place to work
• To lead the provision of Learning Support liaising with staff who are responsible for delivering or coordinating this support as appropriate
• To oversee the Parents Evening provision, working with Phase Leaders and staff as appropriate
• Lead the development and provision of high quality Teaching and Learning across all year groups
• Lead the Quality Assurance of Teaching and Learning and take lead responsibility for the Quality Assurance Calendar
• Lead the marking, assessment and feedback strategy and programme
• To actively engage and lead a team of experienced, motivated and skilled practitioners in conjunction with the rest of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
• Support the effective implementation of the agreed education programme including the overall development and wellbeing of individual learners of all abilities
• Ensure current high standards are maintained and progressed in all areas
• Ensure classroom teaching is well planned, appropriately pitched and differentiated to meet the needs of all learners incorporating principles of SDL.
• Provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils which is safe and conducive to learning
• Have Qualified Teacher Status and experience of teaching Maths to KS3, KS4 & KS5
• Have an up to date knowledge of the KS3 to KS5 National Curriculum and GCSE and A-Level exam specifications for Maths
• Have experience as a Middle or Senior Leader, preferably with the relevant qualifications
• Be able to evidence a deep knowledge and understanding of your subject(s) and of pupil attainment profiles
• Possess experience of leading data collection and reporting to parents
• Be able to lead, motivate, challenge and inspire staff and students
• Be able to initiate and successfully implement change, including raising achievement and progress
• Demonstrate a persona that would command respect from the school and local community
• Possess commitment, tenacity and determination; dedication and a willingness to work hard
• Respect the school’s Ethos and Values
• Supportive staff, Trustees and an involved community who are committed to school improvement.
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• State of the art teaching facilities providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• Modest class sizes of around 12 students on average
• A competitive salary including a staff laptop along with Teachers Pension contributions
• Professional support from Focus Learning Trust, equivalent to 100 hours per academic year, with up to 30 hours at our Teacher Academy - our brand-new skills centre which is driving progress in learning and teaching throughout Focus schools
For further information relating to the Campus, or for more information about Focus Schools please visit: www.focus-school.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
To arrange a visit please contact the campus directly on 0161 975 9323. For a pre-application discussion please call Melissa Podlaski on 0330 055 5600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing date for application forms: 12 noon on Monday 20th May
Interviews will be held week commencing: Thursday 23rd/Friday 24th May 2019
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Focus School Northwich Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Charity No. 1066592