We require an Assistant Headteacher for September 2018. The successful applicant will grasp the opportunity to influence and shape the vision of our school. This position would be ideal for an experienced teacher who is looking to progress their career into Primary leadership.
Cedar Children’s Academy is a three form entry academy based in the Strood area. We are lucky enough have an inspiring workforce at our school who show relentless dedication to school improvement. Pupils of Cedar Children’s Academy are proud of their school and have an exciting environment around them to learn in. We celebrate everyone’s success and provide each pupil with the life chances they deserve. We are relentless in pursuing the best and show love, care and hope for all our pupils who will become young adults of the future.
Your new role:
- Working alongside experienced and new teams, who will be on hand to support and guide you with resources and planning
- Some teaching commitments but you will have dedicated release time
- Part of a large team in managing, leading and developing the school to attain high standards of pupil progress and achievement for all
- Provide guidance and support to other members of staff
- Support and develop assessment to enable consistency and identify gaps within children’s learning across all years
- Encourage positive behaviour and promote the school’s vision
What you will need to succeed:
- QTS and recent experience of working within a Primary setting within the leadership team
- Dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- Passionate about teaching and learning and improving the life chances of our children
- Positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- We want to employ practitioners who have Good or Outstanding practice, along with high expectations for yourself and the children
- Aspiring leader of learning
- Happy to grasp exciting opportunities and contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our new school
What you will get in return from Cedar Children’s Academy:
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning
- Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other Medway Primary Schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities, particularly through the New Horizons Teaching School’s alliance, which also offers a great support network for our staff
- Brand new facilities - the school building offers lots of space and intervention and breakout areas, we also have three playgrounds
- Free parking in our large staff carpark
- Located within a modern housing estate and with excellent links to the M2 and A2.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – conveniently located on our school site
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
As part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer.
What you need to do now:
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact our office manage to book a no-pressure tour of the school and to meet some of our staff.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.