We are looking to appoint an inspirational Assistant Headteacher who will play a vital role within Kingfisher School. An opportunity has arisen for an aspiring leader to work within The Propeller Academy Trust which includes Kingfisher School in Abingdon, Fitzwaryn School in Wantage and Abingdon and Witney College. Based at Kingfisher School and working closely with the Headteacher and her Deputy, you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of outstanding SEN provision across the Trust for children and young adults aged 2-25yrs with complex learning needs.
We have high expectations for our pupils with a ‘can do’ attitude using a range of specialist approaches suited to individual needs. We work in close partnership with parents, multi-agency teams and have a team of committed and enthusiastic staff who all bring a range of expertise to ensure that our pupils get the very best care and education they deserve.
The successful candidate will:
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to lead, manage and inspire others
- Be an energetic, hardworking and motivated professional who is ambitious and shares our drive to achieve outstanding provision for our very special children and young people
- Be committed to meeting the individual learning needs of our diverse group of pupils
- Be passionate about working in partnership with parents and other stakeholders
- Be highly skilled at identifying school improvement priorities and strategically planning for its development
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner who can lead by example and support the further development of our already highly skilled teaching team
- Be self-motivated, dynamic and have the ability to both challenge and support colleagues
- Drive curriculum mapping and exciting educational experience and learning for all learners
A welcoming, inspiring and highly skilled Senior Leadership Team
A dedicated, talented and hardworking staff
A supportive, knowledgeable and committed local group of governors
An outstanding body of parents and carers
Access to a wide network of outstanding professionals across the Trust
And most importantly; an incredibly warm, hospitable and fun loving group of children and young people who are inspirational and a delight to work with and for
Visits are encouraged, please contact the school office to arrange a suitable time and for an application pack.
Apply by 9am, Friday 27th April 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.