School name: Summerside Primary School
School address: Crossway, Finchley, N12 0QU
Tel: 020 8445 1192
Headteacher: Nadine Lewis
Post Title: ASSISTANT HEADTEACHER (Teaching and Learning) working 3 days a week
Salary: L8 – L12 (FTE £49,429 to £54,223)
Required for SEPTEMBER 2017
We are a vibrant two-form entry Primary School with a Nursery and additional “bulge” classes (in Year 2 and Years 4 and 5 in September 2017). We are culturally and socially diverse and have a strong inclusive ethos. Our Senior Leadership Team needs an outstanding and inspirational teacher committed to raising standards in Teaching and Learning across the school. We are on a clear path to improve – we would love you to join us on this exciting journey. Summerside’s Governors have recently voted to recommend that Summerside joins Reach2 multi-academy trust, with a proposed joining date of 1 September 2017. We are looking forward to the opportunities for professional development that this will offer to our staff.
We can offer:
• The opportunity to make a difference to children’s lives through education.
• The opportunity to work as part of a collaborative, experienced, supportive leadership team.
• The chance for your leadership skills to flourish and develop with practical support and encouragement
• An opportunity to support and drive high quality Teaching and Learning in a forward looking school.
• Enthusiastic, responsive children who are ready to learn.
• Caring, hard working and committed staff team.
• A genuinely inclusive school. We have a provision for Hearing Impaired and Deaf children where children are fully integrated into mainstream classes.
• Children from diverse ethnicities and cultures.
• A positive and caring culture, including a Restorative Approach.
We are looking for a leader who can offer:
• Passion and commitment to education.
• Vision, energy and resilience.
• Commitment to raising standards and improving children’s life chances.
• Evidence of a track record of inspiring, excellent classroom teaching.
• Ability to provide excellent leadership of English across the school.
• Experience of inspiring colleagues and holding them to account
• Experience of coaching and mentoring colleagues.
• Flexibility and a commitment to team-working.
• Commitment to continuing professional development.
• Personal organisation and good ICT skills.
• A passion for inspiring all children to achieve their potential.
Visits to the school are essential.
Visits to the school: Thursday 20th April or Friday 21st April
Closing date: Wednesday 26th April
Interviews: Friday 5th May
Please find attached the application form and Job Description & Person Specification. Completed application forms should be returned to the school.