We are looking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher who shares in our philosophy of high expectations of students' behaviour and has the ability to lead and manage the school's behaviour policy and procedures. This is a crucial role in helping the school fulfil its strategic aim of achieving the best for all students and for promoting excellence.
The successful candidate must be a strong communicator and be able to design, co-ordinate and mange systems as well as work effectively alongside a variety of teams. Salary: L11 - L15
We are a “Good and harmonious school” (Ofsted 2017) and we want to attract the best staff and invest in them, as we see them as our most valuable asset.
“The school’s professional learning programme is exemplary” (Ofsted 2017)
"Our aspirational leadership embeds a culture of ambition which permeates the school” Ofsted May 2017
About the Role
What we offer you:
- All leaders have access to leadership coaching and professional development opportunities.
- High quality bespoke training to help all teachers develop their practice.
- A strong team ethos, with caring colleagues and superb students.
Your responsibilities are:
- To lead and manage strategies to develop and implement our Behaviour Policy, ensuring the highest standards of behaviour in order to secure high quality teaching leading to successful outcomes for all students. To lead on ensuring the highest levels of student motivation, inspiration and morale.
- Communicating the school’s vision and drive the strategic leadership, empowering all students and staff to excel.
- To take the leading role in ensuring that students’ appearance is consistently of a very high standard and that all school uniform rules are adhered to. This will include liaising with parents, staff, governors and our uniform providers.
- Inspire and influence others - both within and beyond school – to believe in the fundamental importance of education in young people’s lives and to promote the value of education.
The successful candidate must be a strong communicator and be able to design co-ordinate and mange systems as well as work effectively alongside a variety of teams.
You must have:
- Minimum of five years teaching experience, at least two years as a senior leader in a secondary school.
- Successful experience of using performance data to improve the quality of learning.
- Experience of presenting to a wide audience including staff, governors, parents and students.
Please contact Ms J Wheater on 01494 862869 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information, visits are welcome.
Closing date for applications is midday on Wednesday 25 April 2018.
Interviews being held on Monday 30 April 2018.
The Misbourne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An offer of appointment is subject to satisfactory references, DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Enhanced Disclosure and medical clearance. No agencies please.
Misbourne Drive, Great Missenden,
Buckinghamshire HP16 0BN.