We are looking for an Assistant Headteacher with outstanding classroom practice who can develop others and drive whole school improvement. You will inspire staff and be driven by the belief that all children can achieve. The successful candidate will have a track record of improving standards of teaching and learning and improving pupils’ outcomes. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and highly committed individual with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to make others feel valued.
This post offers the chance to work with our great team of highly committed and talented staff and improve the life chances of our wonderful pupils who have a diverse range of individual needs and abilities. The specific role and responsibilities will depend on the experience and aspirations of the individual appointed, but this role will be class based with out of class leadership time.
We are seeking someone who:
- Is an inspirational leader, committed to the development of others through coaching and mentoring
- Is an outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Sets high expectations for themselves and others, rooted in the belief that all pupils can achieve.
- Can demonstrate a track record of improving standards of teaching and learning and pupils’ progress across a school.
- Is a team player, fully committed to our school’s vision, values and Christian ethos, including our school’s belief in ‘working together, striving for excellence.’
- Is enthusiastic and highly committed to overcoming barriers to ensure our pupils can flourish academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.
As a school we can offer:
- Wonderful children who are motivated to learn.
- A positive climate in which to work, with friendly and dedicated staff and governors.
- An opportunity to work with a supportive and ambitious senior leadership team, who value others and are committed to the professional development of colleagues.
- A strong Christian ethos.
- A fantastic rural setting, close to Dartmoor and 15 minutes from the picturesque North Cornwall/Devon coastline.
Visits to the school are welcome by prior arrangement and we would also welcome the opportunity to visit candidates who are shortlisted in their current school setting.
To apply and for further information please go to www.devonjobs.gov.uk
Your completed application form should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
Closing date: 20 April 2018
Interview date: 1 & 2 May 2018