The Corsham School wish to appoint an inspirational, energetic and ambitious Assistant Headteacher, with proven leadership and management skills to effectively to lead our Post 16 provision and join our well-established Senior Leadership Team. This role is critical to raising achievement at KS5 and to supporting students to have the qualifications, skills and confidence to pursue their dreams, fulfil their aspirations and to take their place in the world.
The post has become available after the promotion of the current post holder to a Deputy Headteacher position. Applications are welcomed from both experienced curriculum and pastoral leaders with a proven track record of having a positive impact on those they lead.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role, working in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team, in developing our Post 16 provision further, through leadership and management of Post 16 student achievement, welfare and conduct, so that our Corsham6th continues to build on its success of recent years in our pursuit of providing an exceptional education for all our pupils. You will be somebody who places young people at the heart of every decision, and your leadership will motivate and inspire colleagues to do the same. This post will involve working with all stakeholders to secure the very best school experience for our sixth form students.
You will have a successful track record of improving the quality of education through your leadership. You will have successful leadership experience in delivering the highest expectations and standards and will be instrumental in leading and shaping our future Post 16 provision. This is an exciting time to be part of the future success of The Corsham School and Corsham School Academy Group Trust.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an inspirational and highly effective teacher
- Is an excellent communicator and a team player who is able to work effectively under pressure
- Has a ‘can do’ attitude and a desire to deliver excellence across all areas of the school as it continues to improve
- Has proven leadership and management experience working at middle leader level or above who is an inspirational leader who motivates staff and students;
- Has a successful track record of improving the quality of education through your leadership
- Demands the highest expectations and standards in all aspects of school life;
- Demonstrates impact, creativity and high levels of personal integrity in their approach to school leadership;
- Has the ability to lead on the implementation of School Improvement Strategies;
- Has uncompromising commitment in their pursuit of the best outcomes and personal development for all young people;
- Has a relevant and continuous understanding of what high quality post 16 provision looks like and up to date knowledge about post 16 pathways including higher level apprenticeships and university application
- Presents with a warm and engaging style and a good sense of humour.
- Will support the school's high profile with parents and in the community.
The Corsham School is part of a small Multi Academy Trust serving the market town of Corsham and surrounding villages. It is situated in North Wiltshire, on the outskirts of the Cotswolds, 8 miles from Bath and within easy reach of the M4.
We are proud that our Corsham6th provides a high quality, personalised education. We have a rich tradition of high value added scores at A level andin 2019 we scored +0.15, placing us in the 'above average' category and ranking us at one of the best post 16 providers in the area. Each year around 70% of students’ progress to University, including Oxbridge and Medicine courses, as well as accepting offers onto Higher Level Apprenticeship schemes with renowned local and national employers.
In October 2019 we were able to move into our brand new purpose built Sixth Form Centre providing our students with a wonderful space to learn, research and study.
We are a fully inclusive school and our students are hardworking, and rightly expect that their teachers will share and encourage their aspirations. We believe that students should have every possible opportunity to develop themselves beyond the classroom with a wide range of extra-curricular activities, support and pastoral care. We aim to develop not just the academic abilities of our students but also the confidence, life skills, personal qualities and values to be successful young people.
The Corsham School is a ‘Good’ School where ‘Pupils behave well in and out of lessons, are respectful of each other and learn well in a secure, friendly and supportive setting.’ Ofsted Sept 2019
- Enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking students with excellent attitudes to learning
- A caring and supportive staff body and wider school community who share our ambition.
- A commitment to professional development and career progression opportunities which is supported by being a member of the Great Western Teaching Alliance.
As part of the remuneration package The Corsham School Academy Group offers excellent Employee Benefits, including a Contributory Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, together with discounts on High Street shopping, Cinema Tickets and Holidays.
If you would like to find out more about the school, please visit our website. Applicants who would like to visit our school prior to application, will be warmly welcomed. Please contact Mary Macey-Brown (PA to the Headteacher) via email: email@example.com
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply via the application form. A separate letter (no more than 2 sides A4) addressed to the Headteacher should indicate how your qualifications and experience make you a suitable candidate for this post. Please download and complete the Application Form, and return to the school via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11am, Friday 27 March 2020
The Corsham School Academy Group is committed to safeguarding children and young people. This appointment is subject to the school receiving two satisfactory references, one of which will include your current/last employer. This appointment is also subject to you providing relevant documents to the school proving your legal right to work in the UK, clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service of an enhanced check for regulated activity, and confirmation of your professional qualifications.
On acceptance of a job offer a pre-employment health check will be completed. The appointment is conditional on all of the above checks being satisfactory.