Wallington County Grammar School is seeking to appoint an Assistant Head Teacher (Director of Sixth Form) to lead our extremely able and committed body of Sixth Form Students and our highly successful Key Stage 5 Pastoral Team. Wallington County Grammar School is a selective boy’s school situated in outer London that admits girls into the Sixth Form. We were judged 'outstanding' in all five categories by Ofsted in January 2017 , including in 16-19 Study Provision, and our students make progress in the top two percent of schools in the country at GCSE. Attainment and progress at A Level are also significantly high and our students go on to some of the world's best universities including Oxford, Cambridge, Tokyo, Princeton and all Russell Group universities.
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative professional who can build on these already very high standards and create a truly world class Sixth Form. Candidates must be interested and highly skilled in working to ensure the wellbeing and happiness of students between the ages of 16-19 as well as tracking their academic progress carefully and putting in place high impact interventions where necessary. We are particularly interested in candidates with the capability to build on our already impressive Sixth Form enrichment programme to ensure students are constantly challenged both in and outside of lessons in the 'co-curriculum'. We are not just looking to develop the doctors, solicitors, bankers and teachers of tomorrow but also future entrepreneurs, managing directors and Prime Ministers. It is therefore crucial that students are not just supported in meeting the demands of their A Level syllabi, but also taken beyond them to explore their subjects as well as wider interests to their full potential and become truly well rounded, exceptional individuals. The role is supported by a team of two Year Leaders, twelve Form Tutors and administrative support provided by a dedicated Sixth Form Pastoral Support Officer.
Successful applicants should be:
• An outstanding and inspiring teacher
• Highly organised
Advantages of working in Wallington County Grammar School include:
• a highly able, passionate and committed student body;
• the chance to develop as part of a school judged 'outstanding' in all five categories by Ofsted;
• being part of a dynamic and highly successful Senior Leadership Team;
• a relentless school focus on ensuring the wellbeing of our staff and students;
• working as part of a close knit and warm family of staff;
• innovative and acclaimed approaches to teaching, learning and assessment;
• a bespoke, charter marked programme of Continuing Professional Development;
• a traditional yet progressive grammar school context including a strong House System, high academic standards and a firm commitment to social mobility;
• a highly supportive parent body;
• being part of Folio Education Trust which currently contains WCGS, a new secondary Free School in South Croydon and two primary schools. There are therefore regular opportunities for collaboration, secondments and promotion.
For further information regarding this position please contact Mr Jamie Bean, Head of School at email@example.com or Miss Clare Tovey, Director of Sixth Form at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates are asked to complete the School application form which can be obtained from the School website at www.wcgs-sutton.co.uk and submit the completed form along with a supporting letter addressed to Mr Paul Huitson (Chair of WCGS Local Advisory Board) to email@example.com which outlines the following:
1. What skills and experience do you bring to the role of Assistant Headteacher (Director of Sixth Form) should you be successful?
2. How do you see the Sixth Form progressing further over the next five years? Please refer to the Job Description for the position.
Closing Date: 9am, Friday 8th September 2017
Candidates are welcome to visit the School upon its return on Monday 4th September.