We are looking to appoint a dedicated and inspirational Assistant Headteacher, who wishes to work in a vibrant, diverse and values-led three-form entry junior school in outer London. We are located next to the A10, very close to the M25 and near British Rail stations.
As Assistant Headteacher you will be class based with dedicated release time for leadership responsibilities as part of our Senior Leadership Team. You will be involved in the strategic direction of the school and lead on developing excellent teaching practice, driving standards and outcomes for all our children.
In return, we offer:
- Well-behaved, happy children eager to learn and contribute to the school’s direction through our School Parliament
- A well-resourced school set within extensive grounds with a sensory room, music room and outdoor gym
- High levels of professional development within the school and as part of Enfield Learning Trust
- Opportunities to work collaboratively with six other schools in the Enfield Learning Trust
- Modern technology: A MacBook and an iPad for work and home use
- Free membership of the Charted College of Teaching and Times Educational Supplement (TES), Twinkl and “Perkbox”; an app which provides discounts on high street chains
The well-being of our staff is of paramount importance. We are constantly reviewing our practices to ensure that our staff can focus on what matters: providing a rich environment in which children can learn and thrive. We are working hard to make this happen; for example, encouraging immediate feedback to reduce over-burdensome marking, timetabling parent consultations within the school day and offering all staff a well-being day over the academic year.
Please visit our website to learn more about Carterhatch Juniors: www.carterhatchjunelt.org
Visits are warmly welcome. Please contact Sharon Hopkins, Office Manager on 0208 804 2101 to arrange a visit or for any further information. Alternatively ring Helen McGovern, Headteacher, if you would like to discuss this position.
For an application pack please email our Human Resources Office on: email@example.com
Apply by: 9am on Wednesday 30 January 2019
Interviews: Weeks commencing 4 and 11 February 2019
All Enfield Learning Trust Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, all employees working at this school are expected to share this.