We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and exceptionally skilled Assistant Headteacher. This is an opportunity to join a committed, united Senior Leadership Team who ‘are without compromise in their continuing programme of improvement’ (Ofsted, March 2016). We are looking for a candidate who has a passion to lead the key area of teaching, learning and assessment. What happens in the classroom is the most important thing that happens in schools. This role is critical to our further development of teaching, learning and assessment to ensure that it is creative, engaging and stimulating, and supports students to think for themselves. The successful candidate will be an outstanding practitioner, be passionate about teaching, learning and assessment, be hard-working, flexible and will enjoy working collaboratively to secure the best possible outcomes for students.
St Ignatius College is:
• Very distinctive community with a rich heritage, and a tradition of providing Jesuit education for all
• A well-respected, oversubscribed Jesuit Community committed to the spiritual, personal and academic development of each individual: the formation of the whole person
• A warm friendly community where all are respected and valued
• Judged ‘good’ by Ofsted: a school where teachers are developed ‘’through a strong programme of ongoing individualised support’
• A school where students are courteous and respectful at all times
• Teacher testimonial: “I feel that I have really grown professionally at St Ignatius College. Teachers are encouraged to take risks with their practice and the CPD is second to none. It is an incredibly supportive environment.”
The successful candidate for this post will be:
• An outstanding teacher
• Strategic, creative, energetic and highly organised
• Apprised of current approaches to teaching and learning
• Focussed on ensuring that no child is left behind
• An excellent leader and communicator with a clear sense of moral purpose
• Have a vision for what outstanding teaching & learning should look like
What we offer:
• Leadership Programmes
• Progression Opportunities
• Teacher Training Programmes both internal and through our Teaching Alliance
• Comprehensive CPD programme
• NQT Induction Programme with weekly support sessions
• Teaching and Learning Forum
• Professional Thursdays
• Excellent modern facilities in a well-resourced school that has recently been refurbished
• Free car parking
• 100 % interest free season ticket loan
• Tax free bikes for work
• Teacher’s Pension Scheme
All applicants are strongly encouraged to visit our friendly school. Tours are available on Tuesday 12 February between 10am and 11am or Monday 25 February between 2pm and 3pm. To arrange a visit please contact Ms Bapodra (P.A to Headteacher) on email@example.com
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. However, the successful applicant will be expected to support the distinct Catholic ethos of the College. St. Ignatius College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Anyone applying to work in our school is expected to share this commitment.
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to hear from you. Applicants are required to complete the online application form and to submit a letter of application, no longer than 2 sides of A4.
Please download an application pack from http://www.st-ignatius.enfield.sch.uk/291/careers-at-st-ignatius
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 9am Monday 25 February 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing 4 March 2019
Applications will be considered immediately upon receipt. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Candidates will be contacted by telephone or email to attend an interview if required.
Headteacher: Mary O’Keeffe