The Governors of St Ursula’s Convent School invite applications from highly motivated, inspirational and outstanding leaders for the post of Assistant Headteacher (for which catholic practice is not essential) from September 2018.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Headteacher in strategically leading and managing the school, and will have shared responsibility for the overall effectiveness in providing the highest quality of education for all its students. The successful candidate will be expected to lead staff in continuing to raise standards in our outstanding school.
We are looking for an inspirational leader with a proven track record in senior/middle leadership who:
· Has commitment to and understanding of education
· Has experience in raising standards
· Has excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
· Aspires to lead their own school as Headteacher in the future.
The successful candidate will:
• Join a forward-looking, high achieving school
• Contribute to the wider improvement of the School.
• Be a driven and professional character that is committed to your students as well as your
• Be joining a supportive department, who like to work on the same wavelength.
What we can offer you:
• Constant feedback outlines that the school is welcoming, friendly and supportive.
• A culture of distributed leadership.
• Opportunities and encouragement to develop both personally and professionally.
• You can ensure that your well-being is a high priority.
St Ursula’s Convent School is an outstanding school where:
· It is a pleasure to teach
· Students are ambitious and aspire to be the very best
· All staff have exceptionally high standards and expectations
· Senior Leaders and all teachers are passionate about making a difference
· Governors are strongly supportive of the school.
St Ursula’s is an outstanding, highly oversubscribed Catholic girl’s school with a reputation for excellence. (Ofsted 2015, 2010 & 2007). As a Teaching School, we are strongly committed to the ongoing professional development of all staff.
St Ursula’s Convent School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.
Please contact the school for further details (020 8858 4613)
Details can be found on the school website www.stursulas.com
If you wish to book a pre-tour of the school please contact Louise Shackel.
Closing date: Friday 27 April 2018
Interview date: Friday 11 May 2018