Assistant Headteacher – Head of Sixth Form
Dates: Apply by Tuesday 20th February 2018
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: Academy Leadership Payscale (based on skills and experience)
Start Date: September 2018
The Reach Free School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Assistant Headteacher to lead on the planning, delivery, and management of the school’s Sixth Form provision. In September 2018 we move to our brand new, purpose-built school in the heart of Mill End. We will also offer places in the Sixth Form for the first time, and the Assistant Headteacher – Head of Sixth Form will be responsible for ensuring the success of all aspects of Post 16 life at The Reach Free School.
You will be joining a team of talented, energetic and visionary senior leaders and play an integral role in the day-to-day operation of the school.
You will have recent, relevant experience of working in Post-16 education, and will be able to draw on this experience to craft a vision of a successful Sixth Form at The Reach Free School. You will have a passion for education, especially Post-16 education, and a track record of excellent teaching, collaboration and creativity. You will hold and embody the highest expectations of your pupils and will have the drive and ambition to create an outstanding environment for learning.
The Reach Free School is looking for its senior leaders to:
- Be outstanding practitioners who inspire pupils and colleagues
- Be creative in delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum
- Believe that every child can and will succeed
- Be flexible, collaborative and resilient
- Be excited about helping to design and create every aspect of the school, including the curriculum, policies and the extended day programme
- Contribute to the whole life of the school through our extra-curricular programme
- Have the highest ambitions for your pupils, the school and yourself
In return we will offer you:
- A unique opportunity to be a key member of staff and to drive our ever evolving school forward
- The opportunity to work alongside the founders of the school
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
- A BUPA cash plan to contribute to medical care
The Reach Free School is a successful and rapidly growing secondary Free School, which opened in September 2013. The over-subscribed school is a popular choice for local families and from 2018, the school will be moving to a brand new purpose built building right in the heart of the community that it serves.
If the challenges of working to develop a new, local school appeal to you, then we would like to hear from you.
Further information is available from our website: www.thereachfreeschool.co.uk
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact The Reach Free School with any questions on 01923 224764 or via email to Mrs S Berman, Headteacher’s PA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 20th February 2018
Interviews to take place: Week commencing Monday 26th February 2018
The Reach Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. In accordance with our Safer Recruitment Policy we are unable to process applications without a fully completed application form. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as 'spent' must be declared when applying. The applicant may post such a declaration in an envelope marked 'Private & Confidential’ for the Headteacher. The successful applicant must obtain DBS clearance at enhanced level. The school will also carry out a prohibition from teaching check. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of your employment.