We are seeking an Assistant Headteacher to lead teaching and learning and curriculum development at our new, mixed, state secondary school as it builds on its outstanding first two years of operation and prepares to move into its state of the art building on its permanent site in 2020.
We can offer:
• Talented students and staff
• A role tailored to suit your strengths and interests
• A competitive salary: a five point scale from L9-13 (Fringe Area)
• Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
• The potential for future career development within the Trust
• A low teaching load
• Admission arrangements favourable to children of staff
We want you to bring:
• A passion for education in its widest sense
• A proven ability to lead and inspire others
• Experience of leading school improvement at middle or senior leadership level
• Enthusiasm, common sense and good humour
We are looking for the right person to fill this important role; you are looking for the right school to work in. The Applicant Information Pack contains a wealth of information to inform your application.
We hope that, having read this information, you will decide to make an application. In order to do so please:
1. Complete the Danes Educational Trust Leadership Team Application Form.
2. Write a letter of application (of no more than two sides of A4, minimum font size 11) detailing:
• How your skills, knowledge and experience match the school’s requirements for the post of Assistant Headteacher
• Your strategy for developing excellence in teaching and learning and curriculum development at Croxley Danes School over the next 5 years
3. Send both, together with the names and contact details of two referees, via post or email to Mrs Manisha Patel, Trust HR Administrator, to arrive by 10am on Monday 25th February using the contact details on the back of Applicant Information Pack.
We may well take up references to aid in shortlisting; all shortlisted candidates will have references taken up prior to being invited to interview.
Interviews will take place across two days during the period Thursday 28th February to Monday 4th March 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and staff. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.