The Governors of this 11-18 Foundation School are seeking to appoint an outstanding Assistant Headteacher to join an experienced and enthusiastic Leadership Team committed to a programme of rapid school improvement.
The successful applicant will be an outstanding teacher and have experience of being a successful middle leader with:
- a proven record of raising attainment and making a difference
- excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- the ability to contribute to the strategic direction of the school.
Specific areas of responsibility will include leading on the whole school timetable and school data and assessment systems:
- Developing the timetable and options processes
- Outcomes, data, assessment (including exams), recording and reporting
- Leading on the school census
- Curriculum organisation
- Options process
- School Management Information Systems
- Overseeing the School Cover Manager
- Organising and leading on school duties.
Oak Wood School is a truly inclusive mixed, multi-ethnic 11-18 school that embraces all aspects of comprehensive education. The curriculum is well balanced and reflects the needs of all our students and the local community in that we cater for the academic and vocational subjects.
Situated on a large site close to Heathrow Airport and the centre of Hillingdon, Oak Wood School has much to offer:
- a commitment to the professional development of all its staff to become outstanding teachers and leaders
- staff wellbeing programme
- childcare and cycle to school vouchers
- excellent transport links (by train 45 minutes to central London), bus routes 427, 278 & U2, train (Chiltern Railways, Great Western Railway and Underground (Metropolitan & Piccadilly)
- on-site parking including electric charging facilities
- on-site catering facilities.
Completed applications to be sent to Shannon Smith or emailed to: HR@oakwoodhillingdon.org.uk Please note that CVs will not be accepted - you must complete our Application Form to be considered for this post.
Visits to the school can be arranged if requested.
You can access our school website for further information and an application form: www.oakwoodhillingdon.org.uk
Closing date: Midday, Wednesday 10 March 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 16 and Wednesday 17 March 2021 (depending on Government advice these may be held partially or wholly on Microsoft Teams)
The appointment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including references, medical clearance and an enhanced DBS Disclosure. Oak Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Oak Wood School
- Mainstream school with state - foundation funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Oak Wood is a vibrant, innovative and aspirational community where students are encouraged to aim high to achieve their personal goals. We are an oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive Foundation School that serves its local community in Hillingdon...