Assistant Headteacher - Inclusion
If you would you like to work in a school described by Ofsted in January 2018 by the following statements:
• ‘Everyone at St Leonards is valued and their unique qualities celebrated. Positive and harmonious relationships are the norm and there is a tangible sense of belonging.’
• ‘Pupils enjoy coming to school and speak with pride about their school and personal achievements.’
• ‘Morale at the school is high.’
• ‘Staff who fully support the drive for improvement.’
• ‘The headteacher is ably supported by other senior leaders, who together form a strong team.’
Then read on.
Role: Assistant Headteacher Inclusion
Pay Scale: L2 – 6
Start Date: September 2018
This post offers a superb opportunity for the successful candidate to play a pivotal role in the further development of the academy. Please take a considered look at the attached job description and person specification. We would welcome applications for this role from existing or aspiring leaders with the willingness and capacity to drive improvement. You will be someone that understands the importance of inclusion and help us by:
• Ensuring provision is inclusive, and intervention and support is targeted for individual needs
• Being innovative in supporting pupils and staff meet their potential
• Working with the Core SLT to deliver excellent outcomes for our pupils with a focus on SEND and Inclusion
• Making a positive contribution to the wider life and well-being of the academy
• Working within the Christian ethos of the Academy
We are very clear that the successful candidate will have a very sharp focus on inclusive practice and therefore will not have whole class teaching responsibility. Equally, we are clear that the successful candidate will possess the confidence and capacity to take on a range of senior roles as part of their leadership responsibilities.
Situated in the coastal town of St Leonards, we are a Church of England mixed academy and part of the Diocese of Chichester Academy Trust’s (DCAT) family of four schools in the area.
If you would like to speak to the headteacher or arrange a visit, please contact Amanda Thomas, Office Manager on 01424 422950 or by email email@example.com.
For information about the Diocese of Chichester Academy Trust, please visit www.dcat.academy. Full details and an application form can be found on the DCAT website www.dcat.academy/vacancies/.
Completed applications should be sent to Amanda Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org by 12noon on 27th March 2018.
Lesson observation in candidates’ own school will take place on 18th or 19th April 2018. Interviews will be held on 20th April 2018.
St. Leonards Church of England Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to preventing extremism. St Leonards CE Primary Academy expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. St Leonards CE Primary Academy is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept CV’s by way of application.