Dates: Apply by: Friday 23rd February 2018 Midday
Open day: Opportunity to meet the Principal and Head of Primary Education: Monday 19th February 2018, 4.30pm – 5.30pm
Start date: September 2018
Salary: Very competitive
Location: Current (temporary site): 390 London Road, Isleworth, TW7 5AJ Permanent site opening September 2018: 152 Syon Lane, Isleworth, TW7 5PN
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
School Size: 1400 pupils at capacity in 2024
(100 per year group; 4 form entry; approximately 500 pupils in September 2018)
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and highly motivated primary school leader to make a key contribution to our outstanding, multi-faith school as we move to our stunning new building.
Nishkam School West London will be a flagship school for our Trust, offering all-through provision on an expansive 11-acre green site. Opportunities like these are few and far between and will interest those with creative minds and high aspirations, seeking to inspire a new generation of children through a values-led, multi-faith curriculum. The journey will be one of leading this new institution to excellence as the primary school team grows to capacity, which will be immensely rewarding for the right individual.
The new school building and site will open ready for the new intake in September 2018. The primary phase of Nishkam School West London, (Ofsted Outstanding 2016), will also move to the new site in September 2018.
- Leadership and management at all levels are of exceptionally high quality. Leaders constantly check the quality of teaching and learning and provide very good support for any teacher who needs to develop their practice.
- Exemplary leadership and management skills ensure that the school’s values are central to developing pupils’ learning and mind-set.
- The school’s vision to ‘offer excellence… and inspire children to learn’ pervades the school. As a result, pupils are motivated and have high aspirations.
As the primary Assistant Headteacher for Nishkam School West London, you will work in a pioneering group, Nishkam School Trust (NST). NST is one of the first multi-academy free school trusts in the UK. The Trust has opened two free schools in Birmingham (a primary in 2011 and a secondary in 2012), both of which are judged Ofsted Outstanding, and a third, a primary free school in Wolverhampton. We are looking for a highly committed and innovative leader to work in close collaboration with the Senior Leadership Teams in both the primary and secondary phases, as well as senior leaders across the Trust.
NST has developed an inclusive values-led, multi-faith educational approach that nurtures pupils of all faiths and those of no particular faith. The Nishkam ethos is to help grow a selfless mindset, aspiring to excellence as well as going beyond ourselves to serve others, to create supportive communities and to realise our true potential. This pervades every aspect of the school.
The role will commence in September 2018. You will play a significant part in shaping the strategic development of the school across all areas of the primary phase, in particular those that suit your skillset, and will be instrumental in the effective day-to-day running of the school.
You will become an expert in your specific areas of responsibility and have the opportunity to share your expertise with other senior leaders and colleagues across the Trust. You will also be part of a global community of charitable initiatives.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work within a vibrant atmosphere and a supportive setting.
Your leadership role will evolve as the school grows to full capacity in 2024.
Nishkam School Trust (NST) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
To find out more:
- Informal open evening for prospective candidates Monday 19th February, 4.30 – 5.30pm at the current (temporary) site. Please confirm attendance via: email@example.com or 0121 348 7665.
- Please download an application pack at www.nishkamschool.org/recruitment or contact the Trust office on 0121 348 7665
- Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23rd February 2018 Midday
- If you would like to attend the open evening please register via email at email@example.com
- Interview process to take place the week beginning 26th February 2018 at Nishkam School West London
- Please contact Val Sahotay for further information 0121 348 7665.