KS2 Assistant Headteacher
Full time, permanent
Required for September 2018
0.6 teaching commitment (in the first instance)
Leadership Scale 5 -9
Are you committed to raising the attainment and aspirations of all children? If so, this could be your perfect role.
We are a ‘Good’ (Ofsted 2017) 2 form entry primary school, with a nursery, close to the centre of Keighley and seek to appoint an inspirational and innovative Assistant Headteacher to join our Senior Leadership Team. Specific areas of responsibility will be determined on appointment but are likely to include whole school leadership of a core subject and key stage leadership.
We are seeking someone who:
· Can drive forward teaching and learning so all pupils are able to reach their full potential.
· Can inspire, challenge and empower teams and individuals to improve outcomes.
· Is resilient, calm and positive in their approach to work even when faced with challenge.
· Can successfully lead a subject and team to improve outcomes for KS2.
· Is committed to inclusion and safeguarding in all aspects of school life.
· Can make a positive contribution to our values based and church school ethos.
We can offer:
· Happy and enthusiastic children who respect one another and work and play well together - Ofsted 2017.
· A supportive staff and governing body who ‘strive for continuous improvement’ - Ofsted 2017.
· A full commitment to your professional development.
· A positive learning culture - Ofsted 2017.
· A supportive environment in which to develop your leadership skills and excellent opportunities for continued professional development.
· The chance to be the best you can be!
Visits to school are actively encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Liz Cockroft/ Debbie Spurr on 01535 604656.
Please take the opportunity to visit our website on www.keighleystandrews.co.uk for further information on our school. If you have any queries regarding this post please contact school on the number provided or e-mail the school office on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates are requested to apply online for this post. To download job details and apply please visit: www.prospectsonline.co.uk. Please ensure you read the application details and check you meet the criteria before completing an application form via the 'Apply Now' button.
Keighley St. Andrew’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS.
Closing date: Friday 20 April 2018 at noon
Observations of teaching/interviews: Week commencing 23 April 2018