Wigmore Primary School are seeking to appoint an Assistant Head Teacher with responsibility for leading our Infants Phase (KS1 & EYFS). We are a three form entry primary school, with classes from Reception to Year 6 and a specialist ASD provision on site. The school was judged as ‘Good’ in its May 2018 Ofsted inspection and we are now on a pathway towards Outstanding. The school is situated on the Luton/Bedfordshire border, which allows for easy travel from Herts, Beds and Luton itself.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. If you would like to arrange this or find out more about the role, please contact the Head Teacher, Laura Flitton:
Leadership responsibilities - You would be responsible for standards and overall effectiveness across the phase:
- Securing excellent outcomes for pupils
- Monitoring, evaluating and improving teaching, learning and assessment
- Operational management
- Developing your team by leading their professional development, providing pastoral support and holding others to account
As part of the School Senior Leadership Team you would also be a driving force in securing ongoing school improvement and effectiveness. We were inspected recently and are seeking to build on the findings of good to outstanding features to create an inspiring centre of excellence for our pupils and staff.
The Assistant Head Teachers for Juniors and Infants receive around 50% non-contact time. They may or may not be class based for their teaching time, dependent on the needs of the school at the time. We are keen to retain a degree of flexibility to the role to ensure that the pupils in each phase are being supported in the most effective way.
This role is suitable for you if:
- You have a secure knowledge and understanding of effective practice across EYFS and KS1.
- You are looking for the next leadership step after being a year leader or have a track record of excellent classroom practice.
- You are looking for a post as Deputy Head Teacher in an Infant School – in our school this phase is comparable to many Infant schools and single form entry primaries. The roles are very similar.
- You embrace a growth mindset ethos and have high expectations of pupils.
To apply for this role, please click here
Closing date: Friday 25th January 2019 at 3.00pm
Interview date: To be arranged
Vacancy ID: SCH00957
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools.