Our well loved Deputy Headteacher is moving on to headship. The governors are seeking to restructure the Strategic Leadership Team to now include a new Deputy Head and Assistant Head to support our Headteacher in the continued strive for excellence of our school. This is an exciting time to join us as we grow to two form entry; it is a great opportunity to help us shape our future.
We are seeking to appoint an excellent KS2 teacher who has the potential for leadership development. The successful candidate will be a strong teacher and will be committed to further improving Teaching and Learning across our school. Specific areas of responsibility will be determined on appointment; our aim is to find the right person to join our team.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of:
- Creative and successful teaching, preferably in more than one key stage
- Inspiring and leading colleagues in raising standards
- Taking responsibility for a significant area of school improvement
- Responding to the various ways children express their emotions
- Working effectively in partnership with families, governors and staff
- Generating ideas and seeing them into fruition.
In return we can offer you:
- A friendly and proactive staff team committed to raising standards
- Fun and hardworking children
- A bespoke role tailored around your skills and interests
- Customised CPD around your areas for development
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a new strategic leadership team.
We encourage visits to our school prior to application to meet our staff and children and to see us in action.
Please contact the school office on 01763 223457, email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit or discuss the post further. Full information including the job description, job specification and
application form can be found on our website www.melbournprimaryschool.org.uk.
Closing date for applications and short listing is 11am on Thursday 26th April 2018
Teaching observations Monday 30th April or Tuesday 1st May
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 2nd May 2018
Melbourn Primary School is committed to the protection and safety of all its pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.