We are looking to appoint an outstanding Assistant Headteacher who has the ability and vision to further increase the school’s leadership capacity and raise the quality of teaching and learning across the whole school. The successful candidate will be resilient, creative, positive and ambitious for themselves and the children at St Mark’s. They should also be fully committed to supporting our school vision which aims to develop passionate learners who possess the skills, knowledge and values to succeed within our diverse society.
The specific role and responsibilities will depend on the experience and aspirations of the individual appointed, but this role will be class based with out of class leadership time and will suit an aspirational primary teacher with: excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to accelerate pupils’ progress and an ability to lead and develop others. This post represents an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to further their career and work within a nurturing, diverse and highly motivated school community. We also have the advantage of being outside the congestion zone, being surrounding by excellent transport links and having a school car park.
We are seeking someone who:
- Is an inspirational practitioner and passionate about children’s learning
- Is fully dedicated, hard-working, organised and enthusiastic
- Has a proven track record of outstanding teaching across the primary age range
- Has experience and demonstrates an ability to inspire, enthuse and motivate others and gets things done
- Is flexible and committed to working as part of a team
- Can support the Christian ethos and values of the school
- Is a skilled communicator, with a proven ability to coach and mentor others from different starting points and interact with all stakeholders.
- Thrives on challenge
As a school we can offer you:
- Fantastic pupils who are eager to learn and demonstrate excellent attitudes and behaviour
- A school community which is culturally diverse and inclusive and nurturing
- A supportive and ambitious leadership team that is committed to high quality CPD and strongly promotes staff development
- Supportive colleagues and governors
- A strong and inclusive Christian ethos
A visit is strongly recommended
To arrange one or obtain further information, please email the Headteacher, Mr Sola Ingram, at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To obtain an application pack contact the Office Manager Elaine Peters at: email@example.com
Closing date: 20th April 2018 at 12 noon
Interviews: w/c 23rd April 2018
St Mark's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
St Mark’s C of E Primary School
Harleyford Road, Oval, London SE11 5SL
Telephone: 020 7735 1467
Headteacher: Mr Sola Ingram