Wood Green School is looking for a future school leader to fill this crucial new role in our Leadership Team. Wood Green is a true comprehensive school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford. With a growing roll and reputation, we are focussed on improving outcomes for all our learners and raising aspiration, building on strong values, the good behaviour of students, a vast array of opportunities and a strong belief in creating an education that develops academic excellence and personal development. This is a unique opportunity to play a lead role in our journey and to make real difference to the lives of young people.
We are looking for an inspiring leader who has:
• the ability to inspire students of all ages and abilities
• a passion for creating a strong ethos that enables all students and staff to thrive • a track record of leading colleagues in a team or across a school to improve standards
• the ability to think creatively, strategically and analytically
Wood Green can offer:
• a school based on strong values: Learning, Effort, Aspiration, Respect, Nurture, Wellbeing
• the willingness to engage in fresh approaches and the capacity to improve
• a supportive team of staff and governors with the potential and desire to be truly outstanding
• a parent body keen to support the school
• a belief in partnership
• a desire to raise aspiration
• an excellent opportunity develop your leadership skills
Wood Green School is a founding school of the Acer Trust. The Trust provides excellent wider leadership opportunities through collaboration with schools that share our values. The closing date for applications is Monday 23rd April 2018.
Please visit our website at www.wgswitney.org.uk/vacancies for details of the application process.
We strongly encourage potential applicants to visit us. There will be an opportunity to tour the school and to meet the Headteacher to discuss this post further at 9am Tuesday 17th April or 10am Wednesday 18th April. Other times can be arranged by agreement. If you would like to attend one of these visits, please email Faith Green, HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 01993 702355.