Todmorden High School is a popular and oversubscribed school. Due to growth, we are now looking to appoint an additional outstanding Senior Leader to our team. We would particularly welcome applications from Maths and Science specialists, who can lead on transformational change.
We are a true community school engaged in a period of significant growth. We are located in the beautiful Todmorden valley. We’re a thriving comprehensive school for 11 to 16-year-olds, with close to 900 pupils and one hundred and twenty-five staff.
We seek to appoint colleagues who will inspire our young people in an environment that is supportive and aspirational. The successful candidate will work alongside ambitious and talented leaders at all levels in a successful school, providing the vision and strategy within a forward looking environment where wellbeing is championed and staff voice is strong. We are a good school, an oversubscribed school, set in the beautiful Todmorden valley. Financially we are strong, and we are embracing a period of significant change and growth. This is an excellent time to join our community.
We are looking for an Assistant Headteacher who:
• Will support the Headteacher in the strategic leadership of the school to ensure the continuing improvement, success and high standards of all students. Your key focus will be raising of attainment in core, and then across the school as the focus for school priorities shifts.
• Will lead and manage strategies that will improve academic learning, progress and professional development in your areas of leadership.
• Will have an excellent track record of inspiring students and colleagues to reach beyond their potential.
• Strategically lead the direction and development of the school, in accordance with the ethos and vision of the school, within specific areas of responsibility.
• Will lead a team/teams of people, creating a culture of high expectation, self-review and continuous improvement.
• Will develop and enhance the teaching performance of others.
> Will work as a collective on the curriculum plan and Nova-T
We would warmly welcome you to visit our school and take advantage of a tour. Tour 1 will take place on Wednesday 5 February and Tour 2 will be on Wednesday 12 February both from 12.00 till 1.00pm.
Closing date: Thursday 20 February at 9.00am
Interviews: Tuesday 25 and Wednesday 26 February.
Please contact our Office Manager via email; firstname.lastname@example.org to register for a tour.
Attending a tour does not carry any weighting as regards shortlisting, it is offered to help you write your application in advance of submitting it.
How to apply:
Please click quick apply and fill out your application form online.
We look forward to welcoming your application.