No. on roll 1793 (incl. 333 in Sixth Form)
Woodbridge High School is a successful school situated in the heart of Woodford Green, North East London. It is fully comprehensive with an ethnically and socially diverse intake. The school has a strong and distinctive ethos based on the principles of Kindness, Tolerance, Respect and Aiming for Excellence, referred to as the ‘Woodbridge Way’. The school enjoys an excellent reputation within the local community and is oversubscribed for admission in September 2019. GCSE and A Level results are strong year after year, and the school is fully inclusive with a commitment to providing for the needs of all. We are seeking to appoint an inspiring senior leader who is committed to our values.
The leadership team comprises three Deputy Headteachers, four Assistant Headteachers and the Business Manager. This post arises due the promotion of the current postholder to a new deputy headship at Woodbridge High School from September.
Each member of the senior team has a line management role as well as other responsibilities. The portfolio for the Assistant Headteacher post being advertised will include some responsibilities relating to inclusion and safeguarding, and some related to learning and teaching and teacher professional development. The specific responsibilities and balance between these two areas will be based on the strengths and aspirations of the successful candidate. The attached job description is therefore indicative rather than exhaustive.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a strong belief in comprehensive education
- Have the ability to deliver excellent student outcomes
- Be an innovative and inspirational leader
- Be committed to their personal and professional development
- Make a positive contribution to the school’s distinctive ethos
- Have the experience of teaching a full age and ability range
Woodbridge High School offers you:
- The opportunity to work in a highly regarded school
- A welcoming and friendly staff body
- Motivated, well-behaved and friendly students
- Opportunities for rapid career development and promotion
- Access to state of the art sports and leisure facilities
- Tailored professional development and training
- A comprehensive staff wellbeing package
Woodbridge High School is committed to working with local schools and leads on many aspects of school improvement and inter-school development. We would like you to consider being part of our team at this exciting time in our development.
Further details about the school, about the post and an application form are available from the school either by phoning 020 8504 9618, or by e-mailing email@example.com or they can be downloaded from the website www.woodbridgehigh.co.uk
Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Please contact Helen Dalby, Headteacher’s PA, as above to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: Friday 26th April 2019 at 9.00 am.
Interview dates: Wednesday 1st May and Thursday 2nd May 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing date. Please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion if you have not heard within that time frame.
The school is committed to promoting and safe-guarding the welfare of children. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and overseas checks where necessary.